Chapter 3: Meet Your New Friends

"Ah-" Caine exclaimed.

"Well, we-" Ragatha started.

"We've been stuck in here for years, old Kinger over there's supposedly been here the longest," Jax stated.

"An insect collection?" Kinger asked while looking at me through the glass screen while pressing his hands against it.

"That's why he's crazy! *snicker*"

That confirmed my suspicions, these people must either be the small team who went missing or a group of beta testers. Whichever they were, they were humans stuck in a video game for god knows how long.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Gangle hesitantly approached the screen "...H-hi...M-my name's Gangle...I just got my comedy mask fixed-"

As soon as she said that, said comedy mask split in half once more, the glue failing to do its job. Gangle squeaked sadly as she looked back at me with a sad expression.

"I...I promise not to be too annoying...what's your name?" She said while sounding like she was going to cry at any moment. I couldn't help but clench my heart because of how shy and sweet she sounded. 'I wanna give her a hug so badly!'

"It's a pleasure to meet you all, my name is Y/N, and I'm gonna see if I can get you out of there."

They seemed to brighten up at these words but still looked unsure. "First thing's first. We need to figure out how you got in there. I did some research and found that the place you're in was created by a company called 'C&A'."

"Then let's go there! Maybe we can ask someone there for help!" Pomni suggested.

"...Uh, the company shut down years ago," I replied.

Pomni stared at the screen with a sweatdrop dripping from her forehead.

"...Then let's go to the building it was at!"

"Uh, the building was demolished," I stated with regret.

"What?"

"I uh- may or may not have signed to have the building demolished to have a homeless shelter built in its place

"I uh- may or may not have signed to have the building demolished to have a homeless shelter built in its place...keep in mind! This was before I met you guys!...unfortunately the old computer I found you guys in was probably destroyed in the process..."

Pomni looked like she had begun to give up hope, but mostly confused. "Wait, how are we here then?"

"She's right. If the computer was destroyed then shouldn't we be dead?" Zooble asked.

"I downloaded you onto my laptop!"

"...you own a laptop?" Ragatha asked. I open one of the drawers and fish out an old handheld mirror I once picked up off the street and showed her the reflection.