Chapter 2: Welcome To The Amazing Digital Circus

Y/N's POV:

"My name is Y/N, and you must be Pomni," I replied to her question. "I was wondering if you knew where the others were."

Pomni looked at me with a sudden gleam of hope in her eyes. "This is perfect! You can get us out of here!"

I looked at her confused, "What do you mean 'get us out of here'?"

"First we'll find the others, then we'll find the headset, and then we'll try and think of something from there! We'll be out of here in no time!" She continued seemingly not hearing my question.

She turned to me, "We've been trapped in here for years, and recently I was starting to lose hope that maybe we were never going to find a way to leave, but now you're here! You're outside of the digital world! You're outside of this prison! You can help us! Please! Set us free!"

Pomni desperately pleaded with me as her big round eyes looked at me with a sense of regained hope, almost as though she had completely run out of it a long time ago, and saw me as the new and only spark of hope she had left. "I..."

I began to think, what did she mean by 'we've been trapped in here,' why does she sound desperate? I pondered this and then it hit me. I remembered what the old man had said about the game. About people disappearing during the game's production.

"I..."

Pomni continued to look at me with that pleading look in her eyes.

"I'll do what I can."

Pomni at that moment looked like she wanted to explode with joy. She leaped at the screen and pressed herself against it in an attempt to hug me.

...

We start exploring the empty circus for the others. We come across several doors. The first was a boxing glove that hit Pomni in the face when she opened the door (which was admittedly pretty funny). Another was a multilayered carousel constantly spinning in a dark abyss that was filled with the echos of laughing children. 'That's not at all creepy,' I thought to myself. Another had an ocean of fishes swimming and somehow the water was moving out of the door, leaving Pomni puzzled. Third was a bathroom with a mannequin that was relaxing in the bathtub and an angry red mask which was a jumpscare for Pomni, who quickly shut the door before getting hurt again. At the fourth door, she gets hit by another boxing glove and rubs her face.

"God, where are the others?" She verbally wonders when she hears a noise and perks up

"God, where are the others?" She verbally wonders when she hears a noise and perks up. Pomni peeked half of her body from behind the wall "Guys?" 

Lo and behold, a purple rabbit, a chess piece, a dance ribbon wearing a theater mask, a clown, a rag doll that kind of reminded me of Raggedy Anne, a mess of...mix-and-match pieces...maybe? As well as a set of chattering teeth-wearing spiffy clothing, and a bubble that looked similar to a chain chomp. "Guys! There you are!"

"Ah! Pomni! We were just wondering where you were!" Said the chattering teeth.

"Are you okay?" The doll asked, "That experience in the dark place was harrowing,"

"I'm fine, but I'm back and brought help! They're going to help us find a way to leave!"

"Hmm, either you were probably experiencing digital hallucinations, or another human has entered this realm!" The teeth in the spiffy clothing said.

"Great, exactly what we need another new character to add to the already crazy cast of characters-"

The rabbit didn't finish its sentence because the rest of the group seemed to have taken notice of me. This caused the group to freeze in place as they looked at me with shock, disbelief, and astonishment.

...

...

...

"...Caine...is this another one of your weird adventures, one of your digital hallucinations, or is this...real?..." The purple bunny was the first to step forward as he asked the chattering teeth wether or not I was real.

"My, my! Well hello there! It seems we have ourselves another human! But this time, they're not in the digital world!...AH! POMNI! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME WE HAD A PLAYER!" The set of Chattering teeth yelled.

"Places my little superstars! We have a show perform!" With a snap of his fingers, I was kicked out of the game and back to the home screen

"Places my little superstars! We have a show perform!" With a snap of his fingers, I was kicked out of the game and back to the home screen...What the fu-

"Okay! You can come in now player!" Caine somehow called out to me. I booted up the game once more and was met with the same Nintendo 64-esque graphics. With a drumroll, I was greeted by the chattering teeth. 

"Welcome to The Amazing Digital Circus! My name is Caine. I'm your ringmaster and I'm here to show you the most jaw-dropping, heart-stopping, mind-bending paraphernalia you've ever laid your eyes upon! Isn't that right, Bubble?"

Caine said pulling "bubble" from his hat. 'Good thing the company shut down because otherwise someone would've gotten sued by Nintendo.'

"That's right, Caine! I can't wait to see what you've got cooking up for today."

"Well, let's not waste any time! Let's get right into the show!" 

Gangle

and 

Zooble

and 

Kinger too~

Ragatha,

Jax,

Pomni and Kaufmo~

Woo-Hoo

Day after, Day after- Day after- Day after Day we fly~

Past the moon and the sun and we don't know why~

As the theme song went and even during the introduction the characters just stood there staring at me. Just as the theme song came to a close.

Caine cleared his throat and pointed his cane at me, "Welcome new player!"

As much as I had appreciated the greeting, I still had one question on my mind.

"...What do you mean by 'another human'?"