CHAPTER 2: OH NO!

I went home at night when everyone was asleep,packed all my belongings and departed. I knew running away was going to be a fairly easy task as my family members seldom acknowledged my existence so they most probably won't even realize that I've left. I headed towards an apartment that my grandfather had arranged for me. I took a bus and let myself sink into the leathery seat whilst my head leaned on the window I fixed my gaze on people who were hastily running around, occupied with their own life problems. For once in my life I was free and genuinely happy, I felt a smile stretch from ear to ear. Was this too good to be true or were my duas finally going to be answered? As I was leaning on the bus window i didn't realize when I was engulfed by sleep. The bus conductor woke me up by tapping my shoulder once we arrived so I paid the fare and disembarked. I stood in front of a towering building with billions of dazzling lights that illuminated the entire complex making my world seem so vivid and euphoric. Once I was done scanning my beautiful environment I entered the elevator and pressed the number 4 as my apartment was on the fourth floor of the building. I then headed towards the apartment 460 which was supposedly mine and I then used my key card to open the door and once I caught a glimpse of the whole place I was mesmerized. The kitchen was so modern with the island and walls made of silver and white marble and lovely dim lighting to fit the elegant vibe. The lounge had some exquisite furniture with silver and white couches and a coffee table which complemented the kitchen. I plopped onto the couch letting all my fatigue sink into the couch along with me. I really appreciate what Dadaji had done for me. I missed him so much but I knew this was for the best. My body ached and so I took a hot shower and went to bed.

The next day

I woke up barely being able to open my eyes as the sunlight shone brightly on my face indicating that I had left the curtains open last night. I got up and stretched my arms then headed to the bathroom to freshen up. Once I was done, I ate breakfast and took out my phone to see what job opportunities there were and what I liked doing too. I realized that growing up in a houseful of businessmen I had learnt a thing or two and I always wanted to start my own fashion line but I never knew how I would tell my parents about it because I knew they would just laugh in my face. I had already made a few design's during my free time and I had consulted some of my fashion and design teachers at school and they were always impressed with my work so I considered the idea but I searched for other options as well.

I felt hungry after sometime so I departed to find a nearby convenience store to grab a quick bite to eat. I arrived at the store and was about to pick up something when my eyes landed on an oddly familiar figure of a person who was facing their back towards me. When the person turned around and caught a glimpse of me I knew I was in big trouble. It was Daanish bhai and he looked angry as I saw his furrowed eyebrows and red eyes filled with anger. I looked at the stores exit and made a run for it back to my apartment to which Daanish bhai trailed behind me.

I set foot in the apartment and immediately locked the door behind me. Not so long after that I heard someone, probably Daanish bhai pounding his fist on the door and shouting "Sadaf, I know you're in there so you should come out now before I knock this door down. Do you think you were so clever for running away from home. Open up and let's go home now, what are people going to say once they realise that the only daughter of our family ran away from home." My heart ached not because of the situation I was in but because of the fact that my family didn't miss me they just cared about their name, their reputation being soiled. My brother kept pounding harder and harder with each pound getting louder than the previous one. I was having a panic attack thinking about what would happen if I did open the door and what would happen if I didn't. My heart was racing and my head was heavy. I thought I would collapse but a loud bang shifted all my attention towards it as I saw the door open revealing my raging brother who seemed ready to murder me.

Oh no what was I going to do now?
                          ~~~~~

Authors note: Hey readers I hope you're enjoying, be sure to vote, comment and tell your friends if you're liking the story so far. Follow me on instagram @author_myrevonly for updates.😊