CHAPTER 10: MY HEARTBEAT

Ijaaz's POV:

I woke up in a room engulfed by sunlight indicating the start of the day. I could barely open my eyes, so I headed for a quick cold shower to ensure I was completely awake. I walked into the kitchen to see Sadaf sitting on the dining table eating her breakfast as she scrolled on her phone. She looked cute with her messy hair and swollen face which was fresh from a good sleep. I told her I would stay at a hotel, but she insisted that I stay with her, so she didn't feel lonely. I was hesitant at first, but I was worried about her safety as she was staying all alone, so I stayed with her for that reason and also because I loved her company.

 She noticed me approaching her and squealed "Jazu you're finally up come and eat breakfast with me I made your favorite blueberry pancakes."

My heart melted at the fact that she still remembered my preferences even after all of these years. 

"So, you remember my favorite breakfast, but you didn't remember me. How does that work?" I burst into laughter after saying that and she soon followed after.

"I actually don't know how I forgot you. I mean I was just 5 when you left, and you were 9 so I was quite younger, and my brain cells were not exactly developed at the time."

I face palmed at her response and started to laugh at her once again. We then started to talk about business and how we should start with some things today like working on designs, finding a good tailor, getting good fabric and much more. 

"Jazu, I get what you're saying but I need capital for this business to work and personally I don't have enough money to pay the rent for next month so how is this going to work? Who's going to invest in my business?" 

I looked at her as she contemplated and held her head looking as distressed as ever and it pained me to look at her this way and I wanted to help so I blurted out."

"I'll invest in your business."

She looked at me with shock and a glint of disappointment in her eye.

"No Jazu, I can't let you do that. It's wrong."

"How is it wrong? Okay I understand that you want to build this on your own but there's nothing wrong with getting a little bit of assistance and hey if it makes you feel better you can return the money when you're able to. How does that sound?" I asked her as I saw her tensed eyebrows release, her frown curved up into a smile and she jumped on me giving me the tightest hug ever. That familiar hug which I craved for all these years. That smile of hers which always left me content. I think that crush isn't a crush anymore. It's love. My heart fluttered, my stomach did backflips or whatever they call it, and I was overwhelmed by all these emotions which were suddenly gushing through my body.

"You're the best!" she said with her sweet childish voice which always contented my inner child. The child which was forced to leave her to face the wrath of her evil family members. I hugged her back reciprocating the same warmth and love that was contained in that hug. After a few hours we got back to work, and Sadaf started perfecting one of her designs so she could start on a physical sample. I left her to do that whilst I tried to look for some other things that could help her boost her business on my laptop. I sat on the couch as I browsed the internet and when I looked behind me I saw an oddly cute scene. She fell asleep on the floor whilst working so I went over to her to try and wake her up so she could go and sleep in her bedroom, but she was in a deep sleep so typically I had to carry her to her room. I gently placed her on her bed ensuring that she wouldn't wake up but she grabbed my hand tight and started mumbling "I'll make it right? I''ll be able to build up a good successful business, right?" My heart softened at the sight and my eyes stinged as tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't bear to see her in this state. She's worried all day and all night and she's not willing to get too much help from me as she wants to take this burden on her own even though I'm here to help. She stopped mumbling and I let go of her hand gently and began to clear up the floor she was working on. 

I then headed off to cook dinner as it was nighttime, and it was also the least that I could do for her since I'm staying with her for a while. I decided to make her favorite spicy ramen noodles. I got to cooking and woke her up once everything was set and ready to eat on the table. 

"Wow Jazu, this looks amazing!" She then proceeded to slap my arm after that statement. I looked at her with shock which projected clearly.

"Ouch! What happened. Do you not like what I made? Do you want to eat something else?"

"Oh God Ijaaz that's not what I mean, I mean why didn't you wake me up if you were hungry?"

"It's because you looked cute when you were asleep." 

My cheeks flushed as I realized I said that out loud. I wished that she didn't make a big deal out of it but she simply looked at me lovingly and spoke.

"Aww my Jazu you're also so cute and guess what?"

"What?"

"I wasn't actually asleep. I only pretended so you would carry me to my room because my legs were killing me."

I smirked at her and spoke. "Well, you could've just asked. There was no need for you to pretend, I would've done it willingly."

"Oh how sweet, you've grown up to be quite a chivalrous young man." she said as she giggled.

Then we proceeded with our dinner, and I was surprised at how much she liked it even though I knew it was her favorite. She's such a pure soul just as her Dadaji says, then why hasn't fate blessed her with what she deserves. It makes me sick to the stomach. If fate doesn't give her the love that she deserves then I WILL.

                                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: Hello to my much appreciated readers. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm so sorry for updating it after soooooo long but please do understand that I'm trying my best to make sure that I at least post twice a week. As always please don't forget to vote, comment and recommend the story to your friends. Let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can improve the story and for spoilers follow me on Instagram @author_myrevonly.

Love y'alls 

Byeeee