CHAPTER 8: CATASTROPHIC MEETING

I woke up early as I was desperate to find out if there was any feedback from the boutiques that I'd sent my designs to. I checked my phone and was astonished to find an email from one of the boutiques called 'Faction.' I gasped in utter shock and then proceeded to start squealing and jumping like a 2-year-old. I had also been called to physically come in for an interview, I felt so grateful and blessed. I quickly got ready, put on a modest long dress and got a taxi to take me to the place. It was half an hour away from my apartment and I had woken up too early so I fell asleep on the way. When we had arrived at our destination, the driver woke me up and notified me of our location, so I paid him and stepped out of the car but as I gazed at my reflection in the car window, I was horrified to see that my makeup had been smudged and I looked like a character that had just stepped out of a horror movie. I was getting late for my interview, but I couldn't just show up looking like that, so I rushed to the nearest bathroom to clean myself up and quickly rushed off for the interview.

I entered the store and asked the salesperson that I was here for an interview, and she helped me navigate to the owner's office. I knocked and entered after I heard a faint "come in."

"Hello ma'am, I'm here for an interview."

"Really?", she said with a sarcastic tone as she gazed at me up and down looking at my creased dress. Oh god, I never should have fallen asleep. I guess it just wasn't my day.

She allowed me to take a seat and opened my portfolio in front of me.

" Your designs are unique and certainly have potential...to some extent, but you should have thought beyond this."

She then started to criticize my work and it felt like she was crushing my self-esteem with every word she that disembarked from her mouth. At last, she rejected me. I was heartbroken. Why would she call me over this far just to reject me. I walked out of her office with tears in my eyes and the salesperson saw me.

"She rejected you, didn't she? Hey, don't worry she's very picky but I'm sure you will make something work somehow; you look like you can persevere. Keep trying is all I'm saying."

Her words sunk deep into my mind as I was rejuvenated. I wiped my tears and went over to get myself a cup of coffee because sleep was still lingering on mind. I was walking down the sidewalk of a certain street, scrolling on my phone with one hand and sipping on my coffee with the other and just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they did. As I was walking, I didn't realize when I bumped into a man and spilled my hot coffee on him. Why were things taking such a turn today? I then quickly showered him with apologies as I was so embarrassed for my clumsiness.

"I'm so sorry for messing up your shirt, please let me buy you another one to compensate for it. It's just that I've had a lot on my plate and- I'm sorry you probably don't need to know anything about my life, I was just ranting." As I continued blabbering, I realized that the man was simply staring at me with his bright grey eyes instead of the usual violent response. I was confused and so I waved my hand in front of his face to make sure he's awake.

"Are you ok sir? that coffee was really hot didn't you get burnt?"

"I'm ok don't worry, and my name is Ijaaz, I'm not that old for you to be calling me Sir."

"Oh, I'm so sorry I guess it really isn't my day." I murmured.

~Ijaaz's POV~

I was walking down a street when I was attacked by scalding hot coffee but somehow the view in front of me was so cooling and I didn't realize when time stopped around me. There was a beautiful lady before me with brown eyes, long curly hair and she was visibly distressed and apologetic of the situation as it was her fault and it seemed like she was blabbering something else, but I wasn't listening as I was awestruck by her beauty. I never thought It was possible for a mere human to be as beautiful she was. I told her it was fine, but she was adamant on compensating me somehow.

~Back to Sadaf's POV~

I was just about to leave as the situation seemed to have become minor but then I noticed a burn on the man's neck, and I simply couldn't ignore the fact that it was my fault so I should be the one to take responsibility.

"Oh no! your neck it's burnt. Is it painful?"

"A little bit yes but I should be fine."

"I'm not fine though and I can't leave you in this state. I have an idea let's go to the drug store and I'll get you some ointment for the burn, this way you'll be compensated, and my heart will be at peace knowing that I helped someone."

"You really don't have to." He said with his deep soothing voice.

I didn't comply and simply told him to follow me as we headed to the drug store. When we reached there I had him wait outside and sit on the bench whilst I paid for the ointment and a cold compress.

" Here's a cold compress and some ointment. Apply it, it will provide you with relief."

"I'm quite sure I don't need all of this."

" Oh, so you're not going to use any of this even though I bought it for you?" I said and stared at him with a judging look. He seemed intimidated and decided to apply the ointment.

" Ok now you'll definitely be fine. I have to go now, please take care of yourself. I know you're a man and you think you're strong but there's nothing wrong with being weak every once in a while." With that being said I was going to leave but then I heard him call out to me.

"Wait! I wanted to thank you for your kindness. Will you at least let me know your name?"

I turned back and said, " It's Sadaf and no problem I was just taking responsibility for my actions." I then went home not thinking much of the meeting. I had better things to worry about like submitting portfolios to other boutiques and going for interviews.

                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: I'm back with another banger hopefully. I hope you're enjoying. Please don't forget to vote, comment and recommend this book to others to help me create publicity. Thank you to my readers, I always have and will always appreciate you. 🥰💖