Chapter 10

I like to think i was born a critical thinker and i use logic in just about every situation. I'd take a lot of time to think things through and come up with a complete and conscious solution or conclusion. I consider the night of my concert as the window i had to think things through - to use that logic.

I didn't get much sleep that night due to my reeling thoughts. I was to visit a library in the middle of the night to meet a stranger. It was a recipe for great disaster. Of course i was aware of that but curiosity always got the better of my inquisitive heart. That's how my choice was made.

I slipped on my darkest coat, a shade of blue that matched the night sky, and stealthily made my way out of the back door. I clicked it shut behind me and rushed over into the darkness of my neighborhood in the late hours of night. Small puffs of smoke followed every one of my breaths. The cool air ruffled the stray locks of my hair that had managed to escape my hat. The blue strands covering my eyes every once in a while.

On my arrival at the library my mind had managed to get into a mad frenzie. I considered the fact that maybe he was jesting when he made these 'plans' to meet with me. But my fretting halted when i arrived at the library and found him sat on the stairs headphones on his head, his hair falling in all mad directions. His hands were tucked in the pockets of his light grey hoodie. It couldn't have been warm enough for the harsh London winter weather.

"Hey.", i greeted, stopping by the steps.

He looked up at me and smiled small. "You're late.", he stated.

"Or maybe you're early.", i parried. "Punctuality is relative."

"Touchè.", he chuckled standing up. "Follow me."

He started walking and surprisingly enough  he was walking away from the library instead of into it.

My coat is in there, i thought rushing after him.

I caught up with him soon enough and tried my best to keep up with his long strides. He seemed to float with every step he took. Like the ground carried him from place to place with no need for him to put in as much as minimal effort was concerned.

We left the main streets closer to town and went into smaller parts of London, where the lights were a tad dimmer and the stars and tad brighter. There seemed to be life in these areas despite the late hour. There was music and life and laughter in just about every corner and Storm seemed to know his way through those parts quite well.

"Where are we going?", i asked after a long while of suppressing the urge.

"We're going to eat. Are you not hungry?", he questioned a single eyebrow raised.

"Oh. Well, how much longer do we have to walk. My legs might give out any moment now.", i put in. "Wouldn't want you to carry me back home, now would we?"

He chuckled at my statement. "There'll be no need for that. We're here."

I scanned the area and my gaze landed on a small shop with flashing lights. The sign was written in a different language and there were very few people in the shop. Most of them were quite old.

We entered the small establishment and took our seats at a table in the corner. Storm didn't bother with the menu and ordered some dish i couldn't even pronounce. I sat there in complete oblivion until the waiter lady came over to me.

"I'll have the same.", i rushed out.

The lady smiled and left to get our orders. She returned a few minutes later with two mugs of warm water.

"I thought we were here to eat.", i expressed with great confusion.

"Of course we are. I just prefer to have a warm drink before i eat.", he replyed sipping his water.