Chapter 13

The next day was our gameday. We were facing one of the teams at the bottom of the table. Lluís said it was a chance for him to start players that hadn't had so much game time. It was a chance for me to start a game, and if I'm being honest, I was very nervous.

I sat down at a table with my bowl of oatmeal. I had found some berries to add, as well as a few different kinds of nuts. A second later Aitana sat down next to me. Sparking conversation quickly. "Do you think you'll start today?" she asked. Not giving me any time to answer before she continued with "I think you'll start, and I think I'll start. Or at least I hope so".

"I think you are going to start Aitana. A player like you deserves as much gametime as possible" I answered with a smile. When it was a gameday I needed to be in the right headspace. Instead of joking around I often sat in a corner, concentrating on the task ahead.

When Lluís announced the starting eleven I was surprised to see my name on it. I was however, not surprised to see that Aitana would start. Mapí who was sitting right next to me squeezed my hand and started jumping around, pulling me up with her. "Our favourite youngster is starting for the first time this season! I can't believe it!" she screamed in my ear. "And I get to be the one paired up with you. It's going to be amazing!" she continued, but this time in a much lower tone.

I could feel my nerves building up the closer we got to kick off. I would be starting, for FC Barcelona. A lot had changed in the past years. I moved away from mom and to the bustling city of Barcelona, said mom passed away and I started developing unhealthy habits. But on the positive side, I signed for Barcelona, bought a new apartment and today I will be having my first start for Barça.

"Good luck today, Isa. I believe in you" Alexia said when we were walking out. She would be rested today, and maybe make an appearance in the second half. "Thank you, Ale" I responded. My face showing no emotions. I was in my concentrating mode, having no time for feelings and only time for what I would be doing on the pitch.

As usual I did my jumps before walking out. Trying to get my legs fully ready for the game. It was something I had done for a long time and if I didn't the game would always go horribly wrong.

After the first half the score was 0-3 to us. Aitana had managed to score an amazing goal after a perfect pass from Mapí. The two other goals had been scored by Ottilia, who made her third start of the season and her first two goals. We went into the changing room full of energy. Lluís told us what we could do better, but still managed to praise us at the same time. 

We went out with a newfound energy. After only five minutes I managed to cross the ball into the box and Aitana got her head on it. It was my first assist for Barcelona, my first goal involvement. Seconds later Aitana jumped up on me, hugging my tightly and screaming. I think she was happier that I had been the one assisting her than that she had scored.

In the 70th minute I got substituted out. Earning high-fives from my teammates on my way to the bench. One of the physical therapists handed me something to put on over my kit and a blanket. After that I was allowed to sit down with the rest of the players. Beside Alexia there was an empty seat, and I sat down. She wrapped her arm around me and talked about how good I had played. I could feel the blood rushing into my cheeks and them turning red. One of the best players in the world was complimenting me.

We all watched the game and cheered when goals were scored. In the last twenty minutes of the game, we managed to score three more goals, making the final score a 6-0 win. 

As usual we made the rounds, talking to the fans who had been travelling and signing their stuff. I walked with both Mapí and Alexia. More people wanted their autograph and picture, but that was expected. Still a few people wanted me to sing their stuff, and I took pictures with so many people. A nobody from Tarragona was suddenly someone people wanted to meet.