Chapter 32

Our hotel was located in a more central part in London. It did not look like the most expensive of hotels, and it probably was not going to be so pretty inside. We had expected that when we booked a hotel on the cheaper side. Neither of us were at that point in our career where we got paid a lot. That meant we did not have a lot of money to spend on expensive hotels when we wanted to explore and do a lot of shopping in a big city.

However, we were still going to have fun this weekend. We checked into the hotel, and the nice lady in the reception gave us some tips on what to visit before we headed up to the room. The room was your regular hotel room, with a double bed in the middle of it, a TV, a small table, minifridge, and an armchair. I took the side closest to the door, and Ona took the other side.

I changed into another outfit and redid my makeup, and so did Ona. We sat together in front of the table, and had a computer on, so we could watch a movie while doing it. It was always enjoyable to have something in the background, and it really made sure to get us into that vacation spirit.

We left the room to get some lunch at Camden market. The walk there was quite long, and it took us an hour to get there. We were hungry from the long trip and ordered food from several different stands. After eating our lunch, we continued to walk the market and ordered something sweet to eat after along with coffee.

London was a beautiful city and we wanted to explore every part possible, so we got tickets to a hop-on hop-off bus. That bus made sure we could visit every landmark we wanted. I think it was worth it, even though it cost some money. We saw the Big Ben and Ona insisted that she needed to search up facts about it. For fifteen minutes she told me random facts about the clock and clocktower. It was actually very interesting, and I learned a lot about it.

As always, we took a lot of pictures. I asked a family if they could take a few pictures of us in exchange for us taking pictures of them. When they held my phone, I was insanely worried that they would run away with it. That did not happen, and my phone was returned to me safely.

After visiting the Big Ben, we walked to the London bridge. There Ona continued with her newfound obsession about researching the landmarks. "This is the oldest river crossing in all of London, and for many years it was the only crossing" Ona said excitedly. "That is actually quite cool, take my picture with it" I said and started posing. Ona did as I asked and took several pictures of me on the bridge. When I was done and happy with the pictures it was her turn. This was the first time we visited London, so we were bound to be excited about it. We were also just two teenage girls.

It was getting late and we could see the sun setting on the horizon. Hand in hand we headed back towards our hotel room, but not before we could stop at a restaurant. It was this classic cheap pizza spot, with greasy pizzas that were way to big. We shared one and looked out at the busy streets of London. When I was fifteen, I would have never thought I would be here. Three years later I was a professional football player, exploring London with a person I got to know though football.

"What are you thinking about Isa?" Ona asked. The Spanish speaking was usual, even though I knew English I barely spoke it. The only time I spoke English was when Ottilia was with me, or if I was ordering something here. "How I wouldn't have known you if my mom never let me move to Barcelona" I answered. It was strange that we had only known each other for three years, still it felt like forever. "I like to think that the two of us were destined to meet, and that we would have met anyways" Ona said, like it was obvious. For me it wasn't, but it was a great way to think. A great thing to believe, something that would make every day easier.

"That is a beautiful way to think Ons" I said. The more I thought about the more I realized that we were destined for each other. "I think we are soulmates, and that we were supposed to meet, in a totally platonic way of course" I continued. "That makes sense" Ona answered, and I could not tell if she was genuine or not. "Are you serious or sarcastic?" I asked. "Serious" she answered with a stern look on her face.