𝟐𝟑, 𝐧𝐡𝐥 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

CHAPTER 23
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

6 months later!

The day had come which was the NHL draft, and it was a day both of the teenagers either dreaded or anticipated the day. And emma had mixed feelings about the day, but she was proud of Connor regardless.

She was in a simple dress with a dark green floral that really brought out her eyes and Connor had told her multiple times she was beautiful throughout the night. Those simple words that he tells her everyday still makes her bashful.

"The chicago black hawks are very proud to select from the Regina Pats Western Hockey League. Connor Bedard" Kyle Davidson, the general manager announced. The arena echoed with cheers as Connor sat up and Emma sprung up from her seat.

He hugged his girlfriend tightly, and gave her kiss. He let go of her as he hugged his family and shook hands with a few other men. He gave his girlfriend one more hug and she whispers, "im so proud of you" she whispered up into his ear. "Thank you" he replied and gave her another kiss. He pulled away and watched him walk up.

She watched him with pride as he pulled the Blackhawk jersey over his head and pulled a baseball cap on his head.

She felt the tears well in her eyes as his mom rubbed her back. She couldn't have been more proud for her boyfriend being first overall pick.

After the press, and the rest of selections they could finally get pictures. Connor got pictures with his family and along with just Emma. And a few with Mark and both of the Jones siblings.

Emma was overwhelmed, Mark was leaving for college at the end of august. To another country, and her other half was leaving to Chicago. She didn't want to seem so upset, and broken by it but she couldn't stop the feelings from consuming her whole body.

"Your leaving and i wont be able to see you for almost a whole year" she hugged his body close to her as he frowned. "Ill visit on holidays" he suggested as she sniffled. "Yeah for like two weeks" she retorted as the boy sighed. "We'll make the most of it" he made a promise to her.

"Im so so proud of you but im gonna miss you so much" she looked up at him as rubbed her back. "Im gonna miss you too" He smiled sadly as she wiped a stray tear. Not wanting to ruin his moment, and being seen as selfish.

"You can cry, its okay to" he assured to her as she wondered how she got so lucky with him. "I dont want to ruin your moment" she replied as he frowned to her. "You wont ruin my moment." He confirmed to the girl as let a breath of air out.

"Im gonna miss you so much" she repeated as he wiped the tears that fell from her hazel eyes. "Me too" He blinked back tears as he pulled his girlfriend close to him for one of last few times in awhile. "I cant even come to most of your games" she cried into his chest knowing she wont able to support her boyfriend whos already going into the NHL at 18.

"And im so proud of you, and it hurts" She felt him rub small circles on her lower back that he usually did when she was stressed out. "Em its okay, you can watch them on TV" he suggested and wiped her eyes. "Not the same experience" she laughed a bit as he laughed.

"We'll make it work okay?" He promised as she nodded her head and wiped a stray tear on Connors face. He kissed her lips tenderly, and rested his hands on her hips.

Emma.jones posted a story!

_connorbedard liked your story!

Mark.jones liked your story!

Ivy.smith liked your story!

Reginapatshockey liked your story!

User2 liked your story

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
AUTHORS NOTE:
A few tears fell from my eyes while writing this omg. Im literally sobbing, anyways two mote chapters!! 🫢🫢 thanks for reading guys i love you so much! 😚😚😚

word count: 690