𝟐𝟒, 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤.. 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

CHAPTER 24
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Emma and Connor made the most of their summer and time together, and the scene of watching the boy leave made Emma want to vomit. Everyday she replayed it back in her mind, and she couldn't escape it.

The rest of the two lovers time consisted of cute little dates, hanging with Mark and Ivy for one of the last times. And of course much affection shown to his girlfriend.

Mark had complained that it was like they were conjoined by the hip, which wasn't a total lie. But mark likes to over exaggerate things about the two lovers. But Emma and Connor were so clingy to make up for their future lost time.

It was late September and the leaves were beginning to finally change. The green hues began to shift into the golden, browns, and orange tones. With the crunch beginning to be heard by the steps of kids, students, and adults everyone knew fall had arrived.

Emma's senior year had started. Which she dreaded. And already felt overwhelmed with everything, and she stuck on what to do after high school.

Should she go to college or attempt to join a ballet company? She couldn't make up her mind what to and was stressing herself out, like she usually does. And needed connor to assure her its okay, and she had time to plan. But she didnt, he was nearly 34 hours away.

Emma yawned on FaceTime with Connor after his practice, "how was your practice?" She asked as he sat on the couch of his lonely apartment. "Pretty good" he answered as she frowned a bit.

"Hows school?" He asked as she sighed at the topic, "horrible" she answered truthfully as Connor smiled a bit. "I wish you were here" She told him as he nodded his head. "Me too, i miss listening to your constant Taylor Swift songs" he laughed as she smiled.

"Wow okay" she laughed as he looked at his girlfriend through the phone. "Hows your apartment?" She asked as he sighed. "Quiet, and lonely" he gave her a small smile as she frowned. "I wish i lived with you" she let out a breathy laugh.

"Yeah me too, but you have to go to college" he reminded as she groaned that the thought. "Right" she replied as glanced down to her nails.

"I love you so much" Connor just wanted her in his arms, and kiss her head. Or just to hear laughs, inhaling the aroma of her perfume. He craved her, and he couldn't have her. And that broke him into a million pieces, he couldn't fathom on how his girlfriend felt either.

"I love you too." She smiled softly and sighed. She missed him so much, and she knew he missed her so much too. "Im gonna go to bed its late here" he looked back at the camera as she nodded her head.

"Okay good night" she smiled softly as her Taylor Swift playlist played in the background. At that moment "Come Back.. Be Here" began to play, and coated the room with a melancholy mood. "Night, love you em" he told her one last time as she put a smile on her face disregarding the song. "Love you too" She told him one last time before hanging up.

She put her phone down as the song began to ring throughout her room, she wanted to scream. Out of anger, sadness, and loneliness. Mark was gone, and so was Connor. Her eyes stared at the ceiling in her dark room, and felt tears. She quickly wiped them not wanting to cry

"This is when the feeling sinks in. I dont wanna miss you like this" Taylor sang out with repeating the oh so familiar phrase "come back.. be here" and it didn't help her somber mood while her feelings intensified.

"And i break down cause its not fair that your not around" And Emma had never related to words like before, it truly wasn't fair that he wasn't around. Why was she dependent on him, why couldn't she feel safe and secure on her own?

She sniffled as the song finished, the auburn haired girl curled up on her side and closed her eyes. Wanting nothing more than to sleep away the feelings.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
AUTHORS NOTE:
Stop i literally cried while writing this oh my god. This actually broke me, and im sorry for you guys 🥲. Anyways one more chapter 🫢🫢🫢. I love you all and thanks for reading!! 😚🫶🏻

word count: 754