Chapter 10: Why?

Yenne was still thinking about fun moments and quotes from her group chat and walking to her college cafe smiling bright. Her happiness shattered when she saw, THEM.

Her Ex crush who she almost dated, and her ex best friend. She liked him for almost a year before he told her he liked her too, and then he said that he doesn't want labels, but still wants them to be together as a half-couple half-friends duo. Yenne was over a the moon when she heard that. Though, this happiness was very short lived.

Only three months after they started 'dating', her crush said 'I don't think I actually like you sorry' over text, and ignored her attempts to contact him for the next week or so. She finally gave up, and realised she had been played. Her best friend was supportive of her, but when her ex crush started hitting on her, she just laughed about it?!

Yenne slowly reduced talking to her 'bestie' as she realised how toxic she was. But her 'bestie' did always SWEAR that she knew how much pain her 'ex' caused her, and how she would never accept his confession. All of this happened a month before she met the boys. But it's been only 2 months to that!

And here they were, sitting together, eating fries, being all lovey dovey. It felt like someone had punched her and then spat in her face, Yenne felt what was a mix of regret, grief and insulted. She stood there and stared at them, thinking about wheather or not to approach them. When she saw her ex crush feed her ex best friend, she couldn't resist approaching them.

"Oh my god heyy! It's been a while hasn't it Layla?" She said, hugging her former friend.
"Oh my god yeah! How have you been?! Oh and if you couldn't tell, I realised something, I do like Axel very much," she said, leaning close to him, "I accepted his confession!" She chimed. And all he did was put his arm around her and smile.

Yenne had realised, they don't feel 'busted' at all, they don't even see her as a person who's feelings matter. She expected them to be atleast a little ashamed but now they had successfully made Yenne look like the dumb, loser, yet again.. She covered it all up under a joyful laugh and said, "I had a hunch, well, I'm so happy for you guys, I have to get to class ina bit, I hope I run into you again Lay'!" She said hugging Layla.

She got up and walked out of the cafe, she lost her appetite. 'why do I feel so hurt, I don't even have feelings for him anymore..' she thought to herself fighting tears. She looked at the time, and got prepared for the next lecture, she bottled up all her feelings by constantly telling herself, "you haven't lost anything, because they were never yours to being with, so stop being sad over something that was never yours". She managed to stay put through the rest of her lectures.

She then came back to her room, fell onto the bed, and it all hit her at once, her hunger, her upcoming exams, and the worst, Layla and Axel. She started sobbing, struggling to keep it quiet. Her notifications went on ringing, there were probably hundreds of unread messages in her chats, but she was too upset to pick up her phone. The fact that she was upset about this, made her feel like the biggest loser to ever breathe, making her cry even more. 'why am I so stupid?' the voice in her head kept chanting it.

She wiped the last of her tears, her throat ached from crying, and she did not wish to cry any longer, in hopes of trying to overcome the sadness, she opened her chats and saw...

---------------------🦋🦋🦋--------------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story so far<3