Chapter 26: A lightstick and some boba

-_-_-_-_-

(Yenne's POV)

I was walking out of the lecture hall talking to Jenna, I was updating her on Minho and the rest of the boys. We heard a voice call out my name and it happened to be Seoha. He walked upto us and joined us as we were walking towards the student lounge. He put his hand on my shoulder and seemed to be in a really good mood.

"Yenne, remember that concert? Here are the tickets," He said, handing me one of the tickets. "The concert's only 2 weeks away! Aren't you excited?" He added, smiling bright.
"Yeah!" I answered with only half the enthusiasm. Sure, a concert sounds fun, but I was still kinda uncomfortable about the fact that it's a concert of the group that the boys tell me to avoid.

I mean, if they're asking me to avoid the group so strongly then surely there must be something wrong with the group. What if their music is misogynist?! What if they have too much nudity in their concerts?! Was I doing the right thing? I mean, Seoha wouldn't make me go if they were that bad right? As I zoned out thinking about all of this, Seoha's voice bought me back.

"I bought you something!" He said, handing me a box. I opened it to see a stick with a handle similar to that of a mic, and a clear sphere at the top with 'stray kids' written on it. Inside was a red ring, and a compas-like structure. I tried to figure out what it was and I think Seoha noticed because he answered me almost instantly, "It's a stray kids Lightstick! Fans take it to concerts and light it up during the concert!"

"Oh! You didn't have to get me this! It must've been expensive, I mean, I've heard kpop stuff is very expensive," I said, looking at the lightstick closely.
"Yeah, don't you think it's a little too much?" Jenna added in a weird tone. She gave Seoha a weird look, the kind of look you give someone when you're trying to tell them something in secret.

"Nah, c'mon it wasn't that expensive, and she would look so out of place in a concert without a lightstick!" He said, waving his hands around. I guess he was right in a way, I mean, what would I know about kpop? I kept the lightstick in my bag and zipped it shut.
"Let's go grab some boba from the cafe" I said. Jenna nodded and the three of us made our way to the cafe. As I thought about the concert, I was filled with guilt.

I really wanted to tell the boys, but they wouldn't hear it, they would probably yell at me until I tell Seoha to take someone else instead of me. But, I was curious, what was wrong with this group? Why are the boys so against them? I want to see for myself. We reached the cafe sooner than later. I ordered strawberry boba, Seoha got some regular coffee, and Jenna ordered blueberry boba.

Me and Jenna interlocked hands with our bobas in hand and clicked pictures. I put it in my story with the caption 'soulmates💗💙' and we giggled to ourselves as I put some romantic music in the background. Ain't nothing more fun that doing couple stuff with your girlfriends. Seoha just sipped his coffee in third wheel. The three of us then gossiped about the people in our class.

I heard a few pings from my phone and felt tempted to check my phone.

-_-_-_-_-

And he's balding too

Chan
Okay, tell me one by one

Felix
Han keeps saying 'when I was your age' before telling me ANYTHING he did yesterday

Han
When I was your age, I didn't bother Chan with silly complaints

Chan
You did but okay

Hyunjin
Seungmin slapped me with a book!

Seungmin
Because you got a drop of paint on one of the pages!

Hyunjin
It was an accident!

Yenne
Oh well
Isn't today another beautifully chaotic day in this gc

Minho
Not one boring day in this gc

Hyunjin
You always reply when she comes online

Minho
'tis merely a coincidence my conspiring little weasel

Yenne
Ahh yes, just a coincidence my stubborn little bunny🐇

Minho
Don't you dare say that ever again
Ew
Oh my god

Yenne
Aww does the little bunny have an upset stomach?

Minho
I said not to call me that! Ugh!

-_-_-_-_-

"Hello? Yenne are you listening?" Jenna said. I immediately turned off my phone and put it down.
"Who're you texting? You were smiling so much!" Seoha asked.
"I uh-"
"It doesn't matter right?" Jenna interrupted me. She gave me a look that clearly told me 'seoha can't know about those boys and that Minho boy' and I gave her a reassuring nod. I didn't understand why he couldn't know but it didn't matter.

We continued talking about different topics as we finished our boba. However, all I could think about was the group chat. We soon finished our boba and bid our goodbyes as we split up. Seoha made his way to the boys hostel and Jenna and I made my way to the girls hostel. I was itching to ask her why Seoha couldn't know about Minho, but I think a part of me guessed the answer and didn't want to hear it.

--------------------🦋🦋🦋---------------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3