36. Coma and pregnancy

Third-POV:

It's been twenty hours since Angela Russo was taken into the ER and had to get a surgery.

A ton of doctors and nurses ran in and out of the room, but none once stopped to tell them about her condition.

The big family and friends were all so worried that they couldn't sleep ever since she was rushed into the emergency room.

They were all scattered throughout through out the waiting room and anxiously waited for someone to come and tell them about her condition. They felt devastated and scared for their life that they'd lose their sister and daughter and best friend.

Camila had came out of the ER a long time ago after having an operation for five hours. Thankfully the baby she was carrying was in no such danger and she hadn't gotten any vital injuries. And she was a month and half in.

She was resting after being given a sedative because she started panicking as she woke up crying for her best friend.

Her boyfriend, Luca held her hand and took care of her. But he couldn't stop worrying about his little sister who was still in surgery.

No one wanted to leave there and nine of them bothered to get them self checked even thought they were injured after that mafia war.

Angelo sat with worry holding his wife who had tears streaming down her face as the others just stared blankly at the white walls of the hospital or the ground.

They hated that their little sister, daughter and best friend was in the other room fighting for her life while they were doing nothing. They felt helpless.

When Angela was brought to the hospital in an ambulance, she wasn't breathing. But the nurses got her back.

Just five hours ago was a code blue and they all knew what it meant. Her heart stopped.

Angelo held his wife as she cried her heart out as lost in thought as felt worried for his only daughter. He knew she was a fighter. They all did. She was his little fire.

"Mr. Russo?" A female's voice called out as she came out of the ER with a clip board and looked up bowing her head to her ex Don and Donna and her current Don.

"Is my daughter ok?" Was the first thing Angelo said as he stood up and ran over to the doc with his wife having tears streaming down her face.

Everyone's ears perked up as they straightened and listened into the conversation.

"Please follow me to my office so we could talk in private." Their mafia doctor Dr. Brown politely told them.

"No. We wanna hear too." Vincenzo jumped in. Everyone agreed and the doctors turned to her ex don for permission.

"It's ok. We can talk here." Angelo said nodding. She nodded respectfully and started speaking.

"The surgery was a success. Her heart dropped five times and she had a seizure but we got her back. She's not in any critical conditions. She lost a lot of blood and we needed blood and her type was B- but and it was hard finding some but thankfully we got it transferred already. None of the bullets hit any vital organs although they might take a lot of time healing. So miss Russo will be fine. She is in a coma. I'm sorry we did all we could, but it's now up to her if she'd wake up or not."

Sasha gasped and cried more as she heard about her daughter's condition. She might have not been here for long, but she only just got her family back and it's breaks her heart that her daughter was in serious danger.

Angelo was feeling the same but had to stay strong for his wife and family. He couldn't show any emotions or someone would use that against him so his face turned cold and emotionless.

"But she's gonna be alright, right?" Sasha asked barely above a whisper.

Dr. Brown smiled warmly at her ex Donna. "Don't worry Mrs. Russo, we'll do everything we can to help your daughter. Oh, and also the baby is gonna be just fine. The bullet that hit her abdomen thankfully didn't damage anything." She assured her.

Everyone's jaws draped in shock would be an understatement.

"Baby?" Angelo asked confused.

"You didn't know that she's is pregnant? She's actually three weeks in." The doctor told them before leaving.

They were all shocked would be an understatement. They couldn't believe Angela was pregnant again.

Then all the boys turned to Ezra with a murderous look. Ezra was too lost in thoughts to notice.

I'm having more kids? Was what was going through his head.

"You little shit. You're so fucking dead." Valentino yelled and charged at Ezra who was still in a daze but was brought back when Valentino punched him in the face.

That shocked everyone as he's never lost his cool this much he was always so chill with everything but this side of him shocked them all.

Ezra who had stood up as soon as he felt a blow to his head touched his nose that was bleeding.

Val tried to punch him again but his brothers stopped him as he yelled and cursed. They took him outside to calm him down and not cause more scene.

"Daddy, are you okay?" Little Aurora cried her father with concern and worry as she was scared.

"I'm fine princess, come here." Ezra told her and she didn't waste a second to run up to him and embrace him in a tight hug with her small arms.

Ezra turned to his son who was crying and wiping his tears away. He didn't like to show his sad to anyone.

"Come here buddy." He told his son as his daughter cried. Adan stared up at as his father and then ran and hugged him too.

They didn't fully understand what was going on but knew that something happened to their mother.

Ezra closed his eyes and let his tears fall down as he hugged his kids close to his chest.

His heart was aching for the love of his life. His never been in love with anyone or even caught any feelings for someone other than his Angel.

She was his everything and the fact that she was in a coma and pregnant and that she would not make it scared the living core out of him. His never felt this scared in his whole life, not even for himself.

But he had to stay strong for his children who needed a parent to take care of them.

And that's how the Russo's turned devastated again after the coma their princess got in. The family broke again and they all wanted to be alone.

Everything turned black and grey without the light of their lives.

1150 words