07. thanksgiving call

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧  ━━━━  𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝖳𝖧𝖠𝖭𝖪𝖲𝖦𝖨𝖵𝖨𝖭𝖦 𝖢𝖠𝖫𝖫  ) *:・゚

the martinez household was quite hectic for a thursday evening. granted, it was thanksgiving.

evangeline was seated on her stool in front of her bathroom mirror as she carefully outlined her lips with her favorite lip liner. she rubbed the color on her lips to make the lines less harsh and to make it all look natural. and as a finishing touch to her makeup, she grabbed her favorite lip gloss and put it on her lips. eva already did her hair and put on her outfit.

she fixed the bow in her hair that held up her half-down half-up hairstyle before getting up from her stool and brushing away any powdered makeup that may have gotten on her sweater or skirt.

evangeline left her bathroom, which was in her room, and texted back xochitl who had texted her a couple minutes ago. xochitl and her family were invited to the martinez's place for thanksgiving and evangeline's mother was a little stressed trying to clean the place up before they got there. nate's an old family friend, so he'd be there too with his parents and siblings.

after eva texted xochitl back, she received another notification, but this time from brady. he sent her a message that wished her a happy thanksgiving and evangeline smiled before returning back the message.

evangeline and brady have been texting and talking on the phone almost every day since the time they were on live with xochitl. sure, it's only been about two weeks, but evangeline was really glad that she made another friend. brady was just so easy to talk to and he seemed to just automatically understand her despite not knowing each other very long.

eva locked her phone when she heard three knocks on her open bedroom door. she looked up to see her brother standing there. "nate's here." dylan left his sister's room as she trailed behind him down the stairs and into the living room.

their father stood in the foyer greeting nate and his family when the martinez siblings joined in. they exchanged their hello's with nate's parents and brothers. mr martinez led them into the living room where they were welcomed to sit down. soon after, mrs martinez came in from the kitchen to greet them as mr martinez headed to the kitchen to see what was left to do.

evangeline, dylan, and nate all went up the stairs and into dylan's room to hang out. nate's brothers were invited to join, but they ultimately decided to stay in the living room.