13. math class guy lore

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
( 𝖬𝖠𝖳𝖧 𝖢𝖫𝖠𝖲𝖲 𝖦𝖴𝖸 𝖫𝖮𝖱𝖤  ) *:・゚

evangeline absolutely hated math. and she had many reasons for it.

ever since she was in 6th grade, she struggled to fully understand math. dylan always had to help her with her homework, and to this day, he still does. eva would eventually understand her math lessons, but it was always much later than she was supposed to. math was her weakest subject. and as a self-claimed academic weapon, it always stung for her.

but ever since early october, evangeline seemed to dread being in math class even more. and it was all grayson evans' fault.

it all started when evangeline was in 11th grade. since eva would be in and out of school a lot because of her hectic schedule as an actress, she was never really able to pay attention to who was in her classes. that was until the second quarter of the year when her pre-calculus teacher switched up the seating arrangements and placed grayson evans in front of evangeline. and in all honesty, she thought he was cute.

she took an instant liking to him despite the fact she'd never spoken to him before. but at least now, she had motivation to go to school whenever she could and math became her favorite class. she would daydream about him and create all these fake scenarios in her head with the slight hope of them coming true. she was excited to see if they would interact at school, and by interacting, i mean papers being passed down the rows and grayson having to pass a worksheet to eva.

evangeline would talk about him to xochitl. most of their conversations consisted of eva jokingly calling him 'my man' and overdramatizing every encounter, while xochitl fed into it. in other words, it was the blind leading the blind. eventually, eva transferred the topic onto her spam account and gave him the elusive name, math class guy.

then, surprisingly, grayson turned around one day in the early spring and asked evangeline for help on a math problem. fortunately enough, dylan had helped eva with the lesson the day before. so, evangeline just told him exactly what to do with the same instructions dylan told her. after finally understanding the problem, grayson smiled and thanked her. after that, evangeline, xochitl, and evangeline's spam had a field day.

it started to become a common occurrence for grayson to turn around and work with eva on math problems. and for a while, that's just all it was. but it was enough for eva to go home and text xochitl saying that 'he wanted her so bad.' evangeline still remembers their first actual conversation that wasn't math-related.