025. bad

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙⁺゜⤾·˚ ༘ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧  ━━━━  𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
(  𝖡𝖠𝖣  ) ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

okay, so the good news is that evangeline and brady are completely back to normal! it was almost as if the odd moment at new years didn't even happen! but the bad news is that they were acting like the odd moment at new years didn't even happen. and it was both eating them alive. every time they texted and spoke on the phone was so casual. part of brady and eva was glad that they were able to disregard new years and the awkwardness that came when they left the party. but another part of them never let them forgot what happened and it would keep them up at night.

for brady, he initially wanted to apologize to her if he did or said anything wrong at the party, but then evangeline texted him the same way she always did. and by the time brady felt like he should apologize despite not being entirely sure what to apologize for, the new year's party was already so long ago.

as for eva, she just thought that she was hallucinating and she made up the awkwardness in her head since brady didn't say anything nor did he act any differently. and if he wasn't acting any differently, then neither should eva! that moment at new years was probably just a little glitch in the system! evangeline had nothing to worry about!

which is why she was currently seated at her desk in her bedroom with her laptop open in front of her and her phone propped against the screen of it. she was in the middle of typing a paper for her history class and to keep her company was brady on facetime. evangeline's laptop screen was split in the middle; the left side had the essay she was writing and the right side had spotify open. her left airpod was in her ear as she listened to the collaborative playlist that she made with brady a while back.

on the other end of the call, brady was also just as engrossed with his schoolwork. his phone rested against his desktop computer as he intently looked down at his math homework. brady wore his pair of airpods max while he also listened to the playlist he curated with evangeline a few weeks ago. he fidgeted with the pencil in his hand, the gears turning in his head while thinking of the next step in the math problem.

it was peaceful between the two of them. they didn't need to continuously be talking in order to enjoy each other's company. just being able to glance at their phones and seeing the other was enough.

as she neared the end of her paper, evangeline stopped typing on her keyboard to read what she had just written. once she deemed it good enough, she pushed up the glasses she was wearing and went right back to work, her fingers moving along the keyboard with such precision to type her words as quickly and concisely as she could. brady, on the other hand, had just figured out the solution to his math problem and quickly jotted down his work and answer on his paper. he had finally finished all of his homework and he could rest for the entire night.