028. the bravangeline nation groupchat

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
( 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖡𝖱𝖠𝖵𝖠𝖭𝖦𝖤𝖫𝖨𝖭𝖤 𝖭𝖠𝖳𝖨𝖮𝖭 𝖦𝖱𝖮𝖴𝖯𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖳 )
*:・゚

in all honesty, evangeline and brady haven't spoken to each other since eva's birthday — which was a week and a half ago. trust me, they've both tried to. after brady flew back to new jersey, evangeline has tried many many times to text him. her thumbs danced above the keyboard of her phone, but she never actually typed anything. she didn't know what to say. she knows that she was the one who suggested that they both act like nothing happened, but it was difficult for her.

she couldn't even think about brady without thinking about the kiss. and if she thought about the kiss, she'd spiral and get lost inside her own head. dark and stormy clouds would engulf her mind and she'd think about everything wrong that would happen in the future because of their stupid kiss. to prevent herself from spiraling further, she'd keep herself distracted with school. in the past few days, eva has been staying afterschool, volunteering to help a couple of her teachers or some clubs with anything they needed help with — literally anything. she was desperate to keep herself busy.

eva has even stopped talking to her other friends too. she's barely responded in the groupchats with her friends, which concerned them since she's usually the one who talks the most in them. but she would always say that she was busy catching up on school. since being preoccupied with schoolwork wasn't very peculiar for eva, nobody really questioned it. except for dylan.

unlike xochitl, nate, brady, and connor, dylan actually lives with evangeline and has spent the past 18 years of his life with her. he sees her every single day and he knows when something is wrong with her. maybe it's brother intuition or maybe he's just observant with her. whatever it is, dylan was a hundred percent sure that something was off with eva.

it was evident in the way she stopped barging in his room and laying down on his bed to tell him about her day while he was at his desk either gaming or working. evangeline does this every single day, but after her birthday party, she stopped. as much as dylan would roll his eyes and tell her how much she yaps and how annoying she was, he missed it. that was when he knew something was wrong.

whenever he tried to ask eva how her day went, he just couldn't because eva was either at school or locked inside her room. they live in the same house, but dylan genuinely hasn't seen her in two days. he brought it up to their mother, which did worry her at first. but then the next day, mrs. martinez told him that evangeline was just stressed about school and college decisions and that she'd be fine. while it did sort of make some sense, dylan was still very skeptical.