Cha. 2 🟢

Third person - Pierre

Pierre had an extremely good race for Alpine today, finishing 3rd, landing himself on the podium. Although the loved being up on the podium, he had a lot more media duties than usual. So once he got back to his hotel it was understandable that all he wanted to do was sleep.

Once he arrived at his hotel door of room 10, he takes the key card from his back pocket of his jeans and taps it on the scanner, unlocking the door. After walking in, Pierre kicks off his shoes to the side and falls backwards onto the bed, a tired sigh leaving his mouth.

However no matter how hard the French man tried, he couldn't give in to sleep, so with that he got up and went to the hotel room of the first person he thought of. Yuki.
Conveniently, they were in the same hotel, just on different floors and rooms. Pierre being one floor higher.

Once Pierre had arrived at Yuki's door, he had no idea what he was going to ask Yuki. Before he could think of a reasonable excuse for needing the younger's attention this late at night, his hand betrays him, knocking on the door.

As Pierre watches the door open, he see Yuki step out from behind the door, now standing in the gap, while simultaneously leaning agents the door frame. At this Pierre can't help but want to awe at him, but refrains from doing so.

"What's up Pierre?" Yuki questions, it was obvious to the older that he was fighting off sleep.

"Well... I just came by to see if you wanted to go for a late night, post race cool off swim. But by the looks of it, you have other plans," Pierre laughs, motioning to Yukis sleepy appearance.

He was just glad he was able to think on his feet and make up an excuse for showing up unannounced.

In all honesty, Pierre felt kind of bad for disturbing him. Right now he wanted nothing more then to walk into Yukis hotel room and cuddle with him till they fell asleep in each others arms. However before Pierre's mind could fill with any other ideas, Yuki replied.

"No, no, it's fine, the pool water will wake me up, besides I need a distraction after the race."

"Okay, well, meet me at the pool in 5. Bye Yuki!" Pierre wisper yells while walking away from the door to let the other get ready.

Before Pierre turn his back on Yuki, he can't help but steal one last glance of the other from. 'God,' Pierre thought, 'he can be so cute some times,' once this passes through his mind he freezes for a split second. Scared by his own thoughts.

Although it's not long till he realises that he needs to run back to his room to get ready. He doesn't want Yuki to think that he's unprepared, considering he's the one who asked to meet at the pool.

Running from the elevator to his room, Pierre swipes his key card and uses more force than is necessary to open the door. After walking in, he looks for his swim shorts and a shirt to wear for the mean time, he changes into those while simultaneously sliding a pair of missed matched shoes on then grabs a towel, his phone and his room key card.

Leaving his hotel room, and pulling the door closed behind him, he B-lines for the elevators, quickly reaching them and pressing the button for the floor of the pool.

Once the doors open, Pierre rushes out and runs through the corridor, nearly running into the glass doors.

Once inside he quickly rushes to claim a chair, in doing so he throws his towel over the back of it. It's now when Pierre relaxes and looks around.

No one else is here, meaning he made it before Yuki. Also meaning the two of them will be alone.

Looking at the pool Pierre notices that the walls around the pool are floor to ceiling windows, allowing for a beautiful view of the city at night.

Pierre, now knowing his environment better, calms down a little bit more and sits down. Deciding to scroll on social media while he waits. Not even thirty seconds later, Yuki walks in.

"Hey," Yuki says slightly quieter than usual.

"Oh hey! Didn't notice you come in," Pierre lies, a soft smile appearing on his face as he look at Yuki. "Ready to go in?"

"Yeah sure, just let me put my stuff down," replies Yuki, as he places his stuff on the chair left of where Pierre's currently sitting.

Pierre watches Yuki do so from his peripheral vision. By doing so, he see that Yuki takes the shirt, that he was wearing when he walked in, off. Realising he himself is also still wearing a shirt, he does the same.

Pierre can see and feel Yuki's gaze on him. Yuki only got a quick glimpse, before Pierre asks a question. But in this time, Yuki quickly looks Pierre up and down once.

"Want to get in?" Asks Pierre with a bright smile from what he just saw Yuki do "I'll race you?" He proposes.

"Maybe not..." Yuki says, being responsible for once. "It looks pretty wet around the edges of the pool, last thing either one of us need is something to stop us force race in next week"

Whilst Yuki points out why it would be unsafe to race into the pool, Pierre zones out to the sounds of his voice breaking through the silence. Just watching as his lips move with each word he speaks. Eventually, Pierre notices that Yuki has stoped talking and is awaiting a response.

"You make a good point Yuki, wouldn't want to miss the last race of the year, I do love Abu Dabi..." Pierre says, hoping that, that was a satisfactory answer for the Japanese.

Lucky, that seemed to had satisfied the shorter and he starts to walk over to the started that lead into the shallow part of the pool. As Pierre takes the first step down he feels that the water is cold, but not to the point where it is unbearable, as they have had to take 5 minute ice baths after races.

The cool water is welcomed by both as they fully descend into the pool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1070 Words

So, chapter two...
I've wanted this book to alternate whose POV it is, but it will take place over the same period of time for both of them before the story moves on, make sense?

Anyways, I thought of posting this earlier, e.g. nearly exactly 24 since I posted the first chapter, but held off.

(Update: posted it early, I couldn't wait, I'll still post next week. Currently working on the next chapter as you read this)

Anyways, enjoy my lovelies!
~🏎️💨