x ; its your time to die

Beth gasps and coughs, quickly flipping herself up, feeling herself drenched in blood. She begins to hyperventilate, running her hands through her hair multiple times. She looks over at Kassie, who's lying on the floor, not moving whatsoever.

She quickly scrambles to the girl, "Kassie, Kassie, wake up! Kassie. Kassie, Kassie!" She whimpers.

She couldn't fail Kass, not now. This was her last chance. A fucked up way to look at it considering the other three she failed, but she had to succeed in getting out of here and killing the deadites for Ellie. For Kassie, for Danny and Bridge and Robin, and their neighbors and school aquiatences.

Kassie slowly opens her eyes, and looks up at Beth, "Am I dead?"

Beth shakes her head no, unable to form words.

A deep rumbling is heard from the elevator.

"Shit" Beth whispers, scrambling herself to stand up and retrieve the gun and car keys.

She unlocks the car as they reach the parking garage, a slight weight lifted from her shoulders.

"Come on"

The two sprint to the car, staining the seats with blood. Beth places the gun barrel up in the passenger's seat foot area, and quickly shoves the keys in the ignition.

The engine starts with screeching tires as she quickly backs out of the spot, and 180s the car. They reach the gate, and Beth looks to Kassie.

"Kass, where's the beeper?"

Kassie opens the glovebox, quickly retrieving the little remote. She clicks it over and over again with no luck. Beth tries as well with the same outcome. Finally though, it buzzes, slowly raising the gate up.

Beth shifts it into drive, the tires screeching again before a heavy, loud thud is heard. The car stops. With everytime Beth floored the gas pedal, it would only rev the engine like it was stuck in neutral. She tries fucking with the stick, unable to fix the problem as panic sets in again. Kassie looks out the back window, speaking with bad news, fear lacing her words.

"It's coming!"

Beth looks to her side, through the left rear view mirror. She turns around in her seat, looking out the window.

In the smoke, a silhouette is able to be seen. A creature that growled and crawled on all... sevens?

There was too many limbs to keep count of, end of story.

Beth and Kassie quickly exit the car with the gun, and run around to the other side to try and hide from the creature, playing a silent game of cat and mouse.

Minute by minute passes, each second feeling like an hour, minutes themselves amounting to mental years. Beth looks to Kassie with a slight nod, planning to run for the open gate.

The two bolt towards the gate as it begins closing, using every force of power they had left.

Kassie screams, being dragged away from Beth by her legs.

"Kassie! Kassie!" Beth screams, running back to the gate as it fully closes. She pushes and pulls, yells and screams, all with no avail.

Kassie screams in fear, being dragged into the back of Mr. Fonda's truck. The creature, now that she can really see, was truly a nightmare.

Bridget was on the left side, one her arms and both her legs still in tact, Robin lay under Ellie in the middle, just kind of hanging out of Ellie's chest with two very high functioning arms. On the right was Danny, with both arms, his legs shared between him and his mom. Arms seemed to be the mode of transportation here.