Chapter 23

Semi edited.

~~~Everly's pov~~~

I go to the bar to get another drink and walk back to the table.

My cousin Natalie and her husband Declan are here so I was talking with them for a little bit.

I'm seated at the table where the wedding party sits, but I wanted to take some time to visit with my family.

A slow song comes on and I look over at my grandpa. "Do you wanna dance?"

His baby blue eye crinkle when he smiles. "I'd love to honey" He said.

I stand up and help him up and we walk to the dance floor.

The night is winding down so more guests have left and it's mainly just close family and friends now.

Grandpa guides us as we dance and twirls me around and I have to say I'm impressed since he's not as steady on his feet these days.

"Wow grandpa, you're a good dancer."

He smiles. "Thank you. My dad always said a man should always know how to dance to sweep a girl off her feet" He said.

I smile. "He was right."

A throat clears behind us. "Do you mind if I cut in Josh?" Ryot asked Grandpa.

Grandpa smiled and shook his head. "Not at all. I'll go find my wife and see if she wants to dance" He said.

Before I can go help him back to his seat, my aunt Emma comes up and asks him to dance.

I turn back to Ryot and he grabs my hand and we sway to the music.

"Are you having a good time tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah. It's great to see all my family."

"Yeah, it's been nice to catch up with family I don't always see" He said.

"Yeah I definitely get it."

We dance and we're quiet, but I notice him looking at me.

"What's going on Ev?" He asked after a few more minutes of silence.

"Nothing."

He shook his head. "No, something is going on" He said.

He always knows when something is up with me.

I blow out a breath. "Ok you're right, something is up."

"Do you wanna talk about it? We can head up to one of our rooms after Av and Riv leave" He offered.

"Yeah, that's a good idea."

"Ok" He said.

Thankfully they announce they're leaving in the next few minutes so we say our goodbyes to everyone and go up to his room.

I feel like I'm gonna throw up as we ride the elevator up to the room.

It'll be fine.

My stomach drops when he unlocks the door.

I kick off my shoes and sit on the bed.

Ry takes off his bow tie and shoes

"You want anything to drink?" He asked.

I shake my head and focus on the fabric of my dress.

He grabs a water bottle and sits down next to me on the bed.

"What's going on?" He asked.

I take a deep breath and let it out. "I don't think we should sleep together anymore."