4. THE VERIFICATION

We have called the guests who have attended the party that night in order to gather information

We have called the guests who have attended the party that night in order to gather information. We have visited the crime scene a few times to find the evidence so we can submit it to the lab .

Today is the fifth day since the crime took place. We have already questioned a few and were waiting for Anisha - the daughter of Abhishek Chowdhury .

"Arisa, just check where she is? " I asked her sitting on my chair along with my seniors.

She nodded and left the room while we waited for her.

"Roy sir she is here " We heard Arisa's voice as she returned within two minutes.

Wearing a pastel blue churidar with a dupatta over her shoulder, Anisha entered the room and we asked her to sit on the chair.

"Anisha Chowdhury " Roy sir confirmed.

She nodded and looked at us one by one but her eyes reflected her sorrow of the sudden demise of her father.

"Anisha, I hope you cooperate with us during this inquiry " I affirmed and turned the device on so her statement can be recorded.

"Sure "

"Garv Singh Chauhan has been suspected in this case as one who has been caught red handed on the crime scene. Where were you when the murder took place ? Also he said you want to be with him despite knowing the hatred your father had for him."I asked,while my hand passed a note to Arisa to take down key words.

"Actually I like Garv. I met him around three and half years back. I don't remember the exact date but I met him when he visited my dad's office related to song recording. " She paused and took a breath.

She continued "I won't lie but my dad betrayed him by changing the singer at the last moment. I.. I don't know why did he do that but since that day the rift grew but I did tell my dad to give him a chance Atleast for me. I like him. I know we have a age gap of around five years but love doesn't bound one due to age. "

I listened to her words but she kept on repeating that she likes him and she loves him. I guess it is one sided.

"Does Garv love you? " Roy sir asked.

"He didn't even say once but I know I am A, for whom he has named all his albums. I know he loves me " I have sympathy for her living a life which is delusional. A for Anisha? I don't love him but I can say who A is.

"Ms. Anisha I know you love him but the question is where were you when the murder took place? " I asked because she didn't mention what was actually asked to her.

"I was at the party talking to the guest and suddenly... " She started shedding her tears.

Arisa raised to give her a water bottle but she resisted. We didn't get much information apart from that her dad betrayed him a few years back.