10.THE SHORT STAY IN LIFT

The car stopped informing us about the arrival of the venue and my eyes glimpsed through the car window only to find the paparazzi and reporters standing and clicking the pictures of guests who arrived to attend the event

“Mr.Chauhan, the media is present over here.” I quickly turned only to see him adjusting his black coat.

“Should we go together? No, it will deceive them.” He came up with his assumption but I agree with him. Publicly appearing together would definitely make the news of us being a couple.

“Don’t think much. I have revealed already in my live that we are relatives. Ms.Avantika, trust me, let’s go. There is no other way to get inside of the venue” He forwarded his hand.

“What about my privacy? The job demands it.” I reminded him of my reason.

“Everyone knows Dhruv is my best friend and he is your jijosa. Friends can make a public appearance” He countered and called Hriday informing him to remain near the car door and open it on his order.

“Am I supposed to stand with you? Your mandatory ritual of giving them poses so they could post on their handles and magazine pages” I questioned him and ran my fingers, fixing my hair.

“Anyways they will click you even if you choose to rush inside.  Better choose to stay calm and I will manage the rest” He mentioned, knocking on the door which Hriday opened and he stepped outside. He turned and offered his hand while his eyes requested me to trust him.

I inhaled a breath and placed my hand, got outside of the car and my other hand held my purse. let your confidence speak, show them who you are. 

“Garv Sir, one photo” The word was repeated by every media person. Popularity at its peak.

“Ms.Avantika, would you mind clicking with me ?” He asked while a charming smile stayed on his face.

“What if I say no?” I replied sweetly as I couldn’t prefer to glare at him in front of everyone.

“Their cameras have already started their work. It’s better if you click with me” He mentioned and looked down at his watch.

“Make them clear we are friends” I put forward my condition and he agreed, taking my purse and handing it to Mihika who came running from the other side.

“Everyone meet my new friend” He announced and asked me to cooperate with him for the photos.

“Fake a smile, Avantika” He smiled widely and his eyes from left to right taking a glance at everyone.

“I don’t even fake my words, Mr.Chauhan” I replied with a smile and turned to go inside leaving him alone with his kiths and kins who are interested in his life matters.

I grabbed my purse from Mihika’s hands and without even looking behind, I hurried inside only to collide with someone. “I am sorry” I apologized only to find a lady with grey eyes at a height parallel to mine.