6. THE TO BE VIRAL MEET

Dropping off everyone at the airport except my parents,I returned home noticing my mumma reading a book sitting on a L shaped couch placed in her room

My parents sometimes stay in Bangalore, sometimes in Mumbai and sometimes in Sanchore depending on the judgment of the supreme court. 

“Mumma” I said, resting my head on her lap which I  do since my childhood. 

Her hand kept the book on the nearby table and she continued massaging my head gently. 

“Avantika kesi lagi tujhe? ” She brought the question only to make me fail in hiding  redness over my cheeks. 

(What do you think about Avantika ?)

“Tu kabse sharmane laga? ”I raised hearing her words, facing the wall .

(When did you start blushing?) 

“Mumma, muje Avantika pasand hai par”

(Mumma, I like Avantika but) 

“par kya bol? 40 ka hokr shaadi karega ab? 25 ka tha tab kaha 29 -30 hokr karunga, career banane do. Now you are well settled”

(But what? Are you going to marry when you turn 40?When you were 25, you said you would marry at 29 -30 as you wanted to make your career. Now you are well settled) 

“Jaldi kya hai? Unko bhi sochne ka time do.” 

(What's there to hurry? Let them give some time to think about it.) 

“Tu zidd poori karega apni ye pata hai muje. Nahi sunega hamari'' She scolded and picked her book  to place it on her shelf. 

(I know you are stubborn enough to make us agree. You won't listen to us.) 

TIME SKIP 

“Sir, I have cancelled few of your events and meetings this week as you said, you want to spend some time with your parents as they are returning to Sanchore next week ” Mihika informed, typing in her laptop sitting on the sofa placed in the middle of the living room. 

I nodded and my cook placed a cup filled with tea for me and a coffee mug for Mihika. 

“Hriday, better resign from manager's job and apply to be my brother ” I announced, noticing Hriday coming out from the kitchen holding a plate. 

“I am happy being Hriday Iyyer as your manager rather than being your brother. Appa is more lenient than your supreme court I mean Rajendra Uncle ” 

“You should have met him when I was a kid, even on holidays he used to wake me up early”I informed. Papa is a retired income tax officer who worked in the Government of Rajasthan and strict enough when it comes to rules and regulations. 

Mihika as usual is sincerely busy in her work unlike Hriday who was busy enjoying his sandwich. 

“Sir” I heard him calling while I was sipping my tea.