13. THE SILENCE

Today is Day 3 since the accident took place

Today is Day 3 since the accident took place. There is zero improvement in her health condition and she hasn't gained consciousness yet. The last eighty hours were the toughest one and each second of it was equivalent to an hour.

Every moment I longed to heard the news of her waking up but everytime I faced disappointment after knowing her condition getting critical than previous time.

Doctor has already informed if she doesn't gain consciousness soon, there is a huge chance of memory loss and I am not strong enough to bear the situation of her losing the beautiful memories of her life.

My phone started ringing and it's from my best friend - Dhruv.

"Hello" I answered.

"Hi. Aapsa is feeling better right now, we will get discharge within two days but we have been advised to keep him under supervision" I paid gratitude to Kuldevi maa for this news announced by my friend.

"I hope it gets well soon"

"Yeah but are you okay? Why do you sound so low Garv?"

"Actually I was in studio for recording so there is a lack of sleep.Will call you once I reach home" and I hung up the call before facing his questions.

After Hriday insisted me, I had my lunch and was waiting for doctor to inform us about her report.

Every nurse who entered and exited her room, I ran to find out about her health condition but everytime the responses were negative. Avantika please don't do this to your Garv. Please show us a sign. I don't want your family to lose you. The efforts to stop all the negative thoughts in my mind is crossing my patience level.

Avantika, If I ever knew you are going to suffer this pain,I wouldn't have allowed you to go, I wouldn't have ask you to go away from my life. Please, Garv ke liye na sahi apne mumma aapsa ke liye uth jao. Apni behno ke liye uth jao aapke aloo gobi aapka wait kar rahe hai.

"Sir, please don't lose hope" Hriday consoled me,noticing my teary eyes.

"It has been three days Hriday. Can't you see her stubborness?" I grew restless.

"Don't worry. She met with a severe accident.Please sir,we have to stay strong" His words tried to relax me,giving me hope but I can't find it easy to pass the time in order to wait to hear a positive response from the doctor.

"Mr.Chauhan" I heard Dr.Adarsh calling me and I approached in his direction, praying to get a ray of hope in the form of his words.

"She has finally gained consciousness.Congratulations" He patted my shoulder and I can't hold the happiess hearing his words. I asked him whether I could meet her but he informed me they are shifting her to another room and I can meet her after thirty minutes.

"Hriday,Avantika is fine'' I hugged her but suddenly a question arised after recalling his words- memory loss.

"Dr.Adarsh, memory loss?" I stopped him before he could enter his cabin.