4| "𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘰"

"VALENTINO"•••[FOUR YEARS AGO]

"VALENTINO"
•••
[FOUR YEARS AGO]

You hadn't intended to screw him over, truly, you hadn't. Your hobbies were expensive, and after all, you were the one selling your body, shouldn't the payments go to you anyway? Clearly, he didn't think that way, given by the hand that's wrapped around your throat, palm pushing against your windpipe, your back crushed against the brick wall behind you.

"You slut!" He roars, lifting his hand from your neck to smack the backside of that same hand across the side of your face, forcing your head hard into the bricks. You cry out in pain and drop to your knees, a desperate hand reaching up to cup the wound. "You think you're smart, huh!? You think you can fuck with me!?" He kneels down in front of you and takes a handful of your hair, shoving your head face-first into the pavement beneath you. Something cracks, and another agonizing scream is pulled forth from your lips. "Where's the money!?"

"It's gone," You plead through tears, your voice cracking with each word.

"You spent it all!?" He shouts furiously, lifting your head, only to throw it against the pavement again. There's another sickening "crack!" and you feel bile rise to your throat. "Do you have any goddamn idea what we could've done with all that cash?" Another bash, another crack. "You better hope your fuckin' coke addiction kills you because if it doesn't, I swear to god, I'll do it myself!"

Another bash, another crack, and then there's dull silence. Your ears are warm— well, not just your ears anymore, it travels through your brain, your face, your fingertips... it's so warm. Then, abruptly, you're freezing.

You open your eyes, staring up at the foggy red sky above you. With a deep breath, you force yourself to sit up, vision lagging behind your head's movement as you take a look around. You're slouched against a dumpster, in the middle of the street. Your gaze snaps to something across the road: two inhuman entities fist-fighting one another over— judging by the dialogue— a bottle of booze.

Three pairs of eyes travel toward you, openly leering at the sight of your disheveled state. 'What the hell is happening? Am I comatose?' You don't have much time to lull over how you got here, though, because the three demons nod to one another and start to walk toward you.

You bring yourself to your feet shakily, but one of the demons lunges forward and cages you against the dumpster, and the impact in itself sends you back onto your ass.

"Oh, fuck yeah!" Cheers the demon— an imp, you think, though you never bothered to learn different demon species on earth. But, his short stature feels like a fair enough explanation. "I love new arrivals! You're new, right? Why the fuck else would you be laying here? I mean- unless you had a rough night on the town." He snorts obnoxiously.