Friendship

It's now December 29th 2001 and Malachai is now 16 years old. She is a very intelligent girl for her age and seems to have developed an interest in biology. She has a brown skin and hair colour, just like her mother had. Her eyes are as green as Jade and her hair is as flowy as the wind. She became best friends at the age of 6 with the 17 year old Hailey Xavira, who seems to be great at physical combat for her age. She, on the other hand, has short brown hair, brown eyes and a tall appearance.

"We should play Mortal kombat at my place!" Hailey smiles happily and shows the Mortal Kombat 4 game in her backpack. Malachai's eyes widen when she sees the game. She's always been a mortal kombat fan with him, so she won't say no to this opportunity. Malachai nods and goes over to her place. When they arrive, Hailey starts up her playstation. "That should do it. Here, a controller." Hailey grabs a controller and throws it at Malachai. "HAILEY?!!" Malachai sighs and sits on the couch. She waits for the Playstation to load. Hailey sits next to her and starts thinking about which character she'd pick. "I think I'm gonna be Johnny Cage." She says with a thinking look on her face. ""You're always Johnny Cage.'' Malachai laughs a bit and then looks at the roster to pick someone from it. "I know I know, but he's so hot! Imagine you can fight AND be famous, Just like Luke Morgan." Hailey looks like she's about to start a lecture about why he's the best mortal kombat character. "Oh my god, don't begin about Luke, but whatever, I'll be Sonya." Malachai says with a sigh. "Ooohhhh, is it because she's with Johnny and I'm Johnny." Hailey says with a smirk. "Shut up Hailey, you always make things so gay." Malachai gives an amused chuckle and clicks on Sonya on the roster while Hailey is taking a glass of water. Malachai takes advantage of this and puts the tv on mute, so that Hailey couldn't hear that the game has started already.

"HAH, I WON." Malachai says while looking back at her. "WHAT NO, I WASN'T LOOKING THAT'S CHEATING." Hailey says with a sigh. "We both know I'm better anyways, that's why you had to cheat." Hailey says while clicking on the restart button. She then starts playing against Malachai and is clearly winning this time. "Ugh I give up." Malachai says while standing up. "Hah, I knew I was better." Hailey says teasingly, standing up as well. Malachai realises she hasn't called her dad yet and starts walking frustrated to the phone. "Shit, I forgot to call my dad." Malachai says while she's calling the numbers on the phone. She then holds the phone against her ear, hoping he's home in the first place.

"Hello, this is the Arden residence, how may I help you?" "...Hi dad." Malachai looks awkward on the phone. She looks at Hailey with a feared look. Suddenly she holds her phone far from her ear. "My god Malachai! You got me worried sick, I was about to find you myself and that has happened before. Where are you anyways?" "I'm at Hailey's place, we're playing Mortal Kombat."   Arden sighs and puts his hand on his hip while his other hand is holding the lower part of the handset. "Alright then, but be home for dinner." "I will, bye bye!" Malachai then ends the call and looks at the time. "I should go at 7:30 pm, my dad cooked today." Hailey nods and then turns off the game. "That's okay, will you be at school tomorrow?" Hailey asks curiously. "I will, but I gotta go now, bye Hailey!" "By Maya!" Hailey then walks with her to the front door and waves her goodbye.

Malachai walks into her home and sees Arden in the kitchen. It smells like he just made some Cheese and Herbs potatoes on the side of some steak. He also made a garlic sauce with that and it smells deliciously well. She sits at the kitchen island and looks curiously at what he's cooking. Arden smiles at her while he's still cooking the dish. "Do you need help?" Malachai asks curiously while she's watching him cook. "No, but you can cook tomorrow." Arden says with a chuckle. "Haha, very funny." Malachai laughs a bit about it while looking at the potatoes. When he finishes cooking he puts the dish on 2 plates. He walks to the table and sits at the table. He puts his elbows on the table, holding his hands in a ball form under his chin. "So, how was your day at school Malachai?" He asks curiously, taking a bite from a potato. "It was fun!! With biology, I learned that a bee can sting only ones, because its stinger stays in the person with its organs. That's why they die." Arden nods and takes a sip from his water. "I figured, well, that's lovely isn't it?" Arden smiles at her while he puts the glass back. Malachai nods. "Mhm! And Hailey threw her calculator at the teacher and yelled 'maybe you'll be a better teacher now that someone threw a calculator at your bald head'. It was very funny, but she got detention." Arden looks confused back at Malachai. "Sometimes I wonder how you two are friends." He says while taking the empty plates to the dishwasher. "Me neither, but she's funny so who cares? Anyways when is Jake coming over again?" Arden swallows his food quickly and puts his fork down. "I think he'll pay a visit around next we-"