The outbreak

"She's pregnant!" Jake seems happy on the phone, but then tells Malachai that the baby is not his. "She found out she was pregnant 2 weeks after we met. I decided to be there for her, she can't go through this alone." Malachai sighs and then tries to advise him. "Jake, if you really want to be there for Shaina and her child, then go for it, but you're still only 19. Are you sure?" "Yes 100%! She can't do this alone." Malachai is quiet for a second, but then finally gives up. "Okay then, I wish you good luck." She says with a warm smile. Malachai walks back to the kitchen now, seeing Luke is doing her dishes. Malachai walks up to him and starts to grab a towel to dry the dishes. "Oh, I am so sorry, you can sit if you'd like." Luke chuckles a bit by her reaction and gently lays his hand on her side, pulling her gently against his side. "It's okay, it's no big deal." Luke says with a soft smile.

Suddenly the bell goes off. "I'll open it." Luke says while going to the door. He opens the door and a man starts to talk. "Mala- oh... right, Morgan." "Ehhh" Luke awkwardly scratches the back of his head. "I am not interested in your personal love life, Morgan." "Dad?" Malachai hears her dad from the kitchen and walks to the front door. "Now I am. Malachai did you just-""DAD STOP!" Malachai quickly calms down but she's actually really embarrassed from the inside. Luke laughs about it, pats Malachai's shoulder and quickly puts a shirt on. "What's wrong... dad?" She shrugs a bit while asking him. "Right, Malachai, I wanted to talk about a vicious outbreak from the same laboratory we went to save Clover from. I have managed to equip some pictures." Arden then shows Malachai a picture of the same skinwalker Luke saw earlier in the laboratory. "Dude, those were the skinwalkers I saw in the lab. They're crazy man." Luke puts on his shirt while watching the pictures. The shirt is a bit tight and it really accents his muscles. Malachai tries to not get distracted by them and Luke seems to notice this. Arden seems to notice as well and stands in the middle of them now. "Right, anyway, the case. There's been an outbreak in Coolsingel, Rotterdam." Arden shows a video from the security footage there. It shows how a skinwalker is eating a chef's flesh in a restaurant. It walks on 4 limbs and slowly crawls to find some new flesh. The security footage switches to the street and it shows how fast the skinwalker actually is. In a fraction of 3 frames it already caught their new prey.

"I think that the virus for these things are in the sewers and the water pipes. I suggest you 2  not drink the water until we find out where it actually originates from." Arden says while putting away the video. Malachai nods and takes the files. "Okay then, I'll leave again... Use protection." "DAD!" Malachai looks irritated and walks to the door with Arden. After he has left, Malachai closes the door again and sighs. She examines the file and looks a bit tense. Luke notices this and starts to massage her shoulders a bit. "You can do this, I believe in you." Luke says with a comforting smile. Malachai turns around and shows the file to him. Luke wraps an arm around her neck and holds the file in front of them while he crosses his legs. He frowns his eyebrows a bit in confusion and lays the back of his finger at his mouth.

"I'll help you with this case." Malachai looks up at him while being a bit concerned. "You can't do that! You're not a professional." "I don't mind, as long as you're safe." Luke then gives her a soft smile and a soft kiss on her head. "Oh I'll be fine." Malachai says with a scoff. "Right, I might as well call that number you gave me before for that therapist then." "Nonononono-" when Luke starts calling the number, Malachai's phone starts ringing. Luke looks at Malachai with a raised eyebrow and looks confused. "It's your phone number? So you did want to help me... even after I was such a jerk towards you?" Luke gives her a confused smile and puts his phone away. "So... even in that major fight we had yesterday, you still wanted to help me? That actually means a lot to me, you know that?" Luke starts to get a bit emotional about this realisation. He turns around again and tries the fact that he is quite a soft person when it's about this. Malachai seems to notice how Luke has gotten quite emotional about all of this.