The Hangout

Chapter 6
__________
The next day arrived with nervousness for both Konstantinos and Daphne. As they made their way to school, their thoughts were consumed by the impending meeting, Konstantinos thought of what to say when he sees Daphne, is he the one to approach her? Or does he wait for her to come talk to him?

Konstantinos couldn't shake the feeling of excitement as he stepped onto school grounds. Finally, he got to talk to someone normally, without feeling a shower of betrayal and Disappointment. He kept glancing around, half-expecting Daphne to appear out of nowhere. Both awaited their encounter.

Meanwhile, Daphne's heart raced with nervous excitement as she walked through the school gates. She couldn't help but replay their conversation in her mind, wondering if she had come on too strong or if Konstantinos would even show up.  Something that bothers her was, that Kathrine might see them both together. She was scared, not of Konstantinos, but of her best Friend.

Their paths finally crossed in the school courtyard during break, where Konstantinos caught sight of Daphne nervously sliding through the Pages of her History Book.

Konstantinos' Thoughts:
- is this the Moment? Should i go talk to her? What if she's too nervous and waiting for me?
His heart skipped a beat as he approached her, feeling a rush of adrenaline coursing through his veins.
______
Daphne's eyes lit up as she spotted Konstantinos making his way towards her. She felt a shower of relief wash over her, knowing that he had shown up. But yet, she was still a pessimistic about it, scared he'd tell her that he doesn't want to talk. Before he arrived, she looked around her, trying to spot Kathrine. She was relieved that she didn't.

_______:- Hi, Daphne

_______
:- Hi, Daphne. -Konstantinos greeted her, his voice infused with a hint of nervousness.

-Hey, Konstantinos! Daphne replied, her voice said slightly. She Slowly put away her Book and said:
-Thanks for agreeing to hang out with me.

An awkward silence hung between them as they stood face to face, both unsure of how to break the ice. Konstantinos fidgeted with his belt, while Daphne nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

-So, um, what did you have in mind for hanging out?- Konstantinos finally asked, breaking the tension with a nervous laugh.

Daphne's lips curled into a shy smile as she glanced down at her shoes.
-I was thinking maybe we could grab a Drink from the Cafeteria's vending Machine and just, you know, chat?

Konstantinos felt a wave of relief wash over him at Daphne's suggestion. It sounded simple enough, and he welcomed the opportunity to get to know her better in a more relaxed way.

-Yeah, that sounds great, Konstantinos replied, his voice sounded more confident now.
-Lead the way then!

_________________
As they made their way towards the cafeteria , their conversation flowed more freely, the nervousness slowly melting away with each passing moment. They talked about everything from their favorite music to their shared love for Writing, finding common ground and shared interests along the way.

It was good, good for both. Mentally. Konstantinos got to distract himself from all the bad things that are happening, for the first time in a long time.

By the time they reached the cafeteria , Konstantinos and Daphne felt more at ease in each other's company. As they settled into a small empty table, their laughter filled the air.
____

For Konstantinos and Daphne, it was the beginning of a beautiful journey, one filled with laughter, shared moments, and the promise of something more. And as they sat together, lost in conversation, they knew that their meeting was the start of something truly special.

As Konstantinos and Daphne enjoyed their time together at the cafeteria, stuck in a beautiful conversation and laughter, the Cafeteria door opened with the arrival of another Individual. Daphne's best friend, Kathrine, entered the cafeteria with a bright smile, her eyes scanning the room until they landed on Daphne sitting with Konstantinos. Thats where her smile faded into a grim expression. But not for long of course, she has to pretend.

Daphne's heart skipped a beat as she noticed Enikö's entrance, a rush of nerves coursing through her veins. She desperately tried to maintain her composure, offering a faked but convincing smile to her friend as she watched Kathrine approach their table.

-Hey, Daphne! I was searching for you, thought you'd wait in front of my class. -Kathrine greeted cheerfully, her eyes flickering briefly to Konstantinos before settling back on Daphne.
-Mind if I join you guys?

Daphne's stomach filled with anxiety as she nodded, her voice caught in her throat. She could feel the weight of Kathrine's gaze, the unspoken tension lingering between them like a heavy fog. Under The Table, Daphne had hidden her Hands where she starts fidgeting with her Nails, she was really scared.

Kathrine slid into the seat across from them, her eyes focusing on Konstantinos for a moment longer than necessary. Daphne's heart sank as she watched the flicker of curiosity in her friend's gaze, a knot of unease tightening in the pit of her stomach.

-Hi, I'm Konstantinos ! Its Nice to meet you, i've heard a lot of good things about you. -Anton greeted, extending a hand across the table with a warm smile.

Kathrine's smile hesitated for a moment of a second before she regained her calmness, shaking Konstantinos' hand with a polite nod.
-Nice to meet you, Konstantinos. -she replied, her tone intertwined with forced politeness.

As the conversation went on, Daphne couldn't shake the sense of unease that settled over the table like a dark cloud. She watched anxiously as Kathrine and Konstantinos exchanged interests, each word infused with a weird tension.

Kathrine's smile remained fixed in place, but Perla could sense the furious rage that lurked beneath the surface

Kathrine's smile remained fixed in place, but Perla could sense the furious rage that lurked beneath the surface. It was a silent battle with the unspoken threat of jealousy and insecurity..

As they chatted and shared stories, Daphne's heart ached with the weight of her friend's unspoken emotions. Will she ever have a Chance now? She felt bad, she's scared IT would happen AGAIN.

But as the conversation wore on, Daphne knew that Kathrine's jealousy ran deep.
She was protective. Both Overly Protective and obsessive.