conrad

The next morning, I sat at the kitchen table with Kyle, sipping coffee and enjoying the peacefulness of the early morning.

So Kyle came back yesterday after Jessica left ,I already told him about the date at the bar.
He said his mother was at it again that is why he came back.

He can come here anytime he wants too, it's basically his house to anyways it's not like there is anything I can say to stop him from coming.

And there is also no reason why I wouldn't want him to come, he has always been there for me when everybody wasn't and I really appreciate it and I hope he sees that I appreciate it even though I don't tell him.

"So you really cooked for her" he said and I signed he has been saying this ever since I told him I cooked yesterday.

" Yes Kyle I cooked" i said.

"But you hate cooking" he said, I think he is not going to drop it.

"Yes Kyle I hate cooking but I cooked for Jessica get over it"

"But you have never cooked for me" he said

"Yes Kyle because you love cooking"

But you still won't, he started

Kyle please drop it what do you want?

"I want you to cook for me too"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes" he said,

"Okay Kyle fine now will you stop God you are fucking annoying"

"So when?" he asked

"When what?"

He roll his eyes before saying" when will you cook for me"

"I don't know tonight?"

"Okay"

"So do you like her" he asked

" Who Jessica?"

He nods his head,

I hesitated for a moment, still processing my feelings. I had always been skeptical of relationships after my ex-girlfriend had cheated on me with my brother. I had given up on women and spent most of my time focusing on my career as a CEO. But something about Jessica was different. She wasn't like any of the other women i had met. She was smart, funny, and attractive, and I couldn't deny the chemistry between them.

"Yes," i said finally. "Actually, kyle, I think I like her."

Kyle raised an eyebrow, surprised at the admission. "You mean you actually like someone?"

I nodded, feeling a strange mix of emotions. He had never felt like this before, after lilah, who had betrayed me so horribly. But for some reason, I felt drawn to Jessica and wanted to keep seeing her. It was a strange realization for a man who had kept his emotions locked down for so long, but I couldn't deny the way I felt.

"Yes," i said simply. "I like her."

Kyle grinned, pleased at the news. "That's great, man! I'm glad you finally found someone you can actually enjoy spending time with."

I nodded, feeling a small spark of hope in his heart. Maybe this was the start of something new and different for me. I was still skeptical of relationships, but for now, I wanted to focus on enjoying my time with Jessica and seeing where things could go.

(Monday)

I was sitting in my office, surrounded by my top executives and board members, going over proposals and projections for the company's future. It was a tense meeting, filled with arguments and differing opinions, but i remained calm and composed, taking everything in stride.