Gifts

The road in Xujia Village had been under construction for a month and a half, and the road construction team had already left Xujia Village in the direction of the town.

Standing at the entrance of the village, the villagers were very happy to see that the half-built stone road was clean and spacious. There were even old people in the village walking up and down the stone road every day when they had nothing to do.

Today the cold wind is quite strong, the village has been wrapped in a thick layer of cotton jacket, this year the villagers have better days, some children had new cotton-padded clothes to wear, and they all cherished them very much.

Except for those who work in the greenhouse, everyone else keeps warm at home. However, it is not cold when the workers work in the greenhouse, and they will take off their cotton-padded jackets because the temperature inside is warmer than outside...

The old man would order Uncle Xu to drive a carriage to deliver hot tea to the road construction workers every day. It was really not easy for them to work outside.

While Mrs. Wang was sweeping the floor in the main room with a broom, she was talking to the old man sitting on the imperial couch: "I don't know how Wenwu and the others are doing in the town..."

Since the weather was getting colder day by day, Xu Wenwu proposed to take his brothers to live in a barbecue restaurant at night, so that his father would not have to get up early every day to send them to school in the cold wind.

The old man said: "It won't be long before they come back. It's not the first time they've stayed overnight in the town. Moreover, clothes and other things have been prepared for them, so they won't be kept cold."

Mrs. Wang sighed and said, "That kid Xiaowu is not a good sleeper and loves to kick the quilt. What if he freezes out!"

"Didn't the eldest daughter-in-law let Wenwu take Xiaowu to bed? Wenwu always takes care of his younger siblings, so don't worry!"

When Qibao had nothing to do these days, she took her eldest uncle, second uncle, and grandma to the kitchen to make some delicious food, including flower cakes and various fruit jams. She had inexhaustible materials for these things.

Everyone in the family likes it very much, they made a lot of it, wrapped it in a small jar and oil paper, waiting for New Year's Eve as a New Year's gift, it's perfect, and it will keep for a long time in this weather.

............

Just half a month before the Chinese New Year, shopkeepers Hong and Tong arrived in a carriage.

Everyone in the Xu family was very surprised.

The old man asked: "Why are you two here together today? Come in quickly, it's windy outside!"

Shopkeeper Hong replied: "Today we are here to deliver the New Year's gift in advance for our master."

Shopkeeper Tong also nodded, it seemed that he had the same purpose.

Mr. Xu was not surprised that they would send New Year gifts, but he did not expect that they would give them so many days in advance, so he asked: "Why did Mr. Su and Mr. Jing ask you to come over so early to bring New Year's gifts?"

Shopkeeper Hong replied: "It's like this, Old Tong and I just received the New Year's gift that our master sent over to your family from the capital today, and we immediately hoofed it over to your Xu Village without stopping!"

The old man remarked: "Mr. Jing and Mr. Su have a good heart, still thinking of our Xu family far away from the capital, why don't the two shopkeepers stay and eat before leaving today!"