009

Previously on "Reden"...

— I got it, Engel - Bill says looking into my eyes, and I smile, locking eyes with him.

In this chapter...

— Are we going to the agency today? - Bill asks, looking at me, and I nod.

— What are you guys doing at the agency? - Anne asks, looking at both of us.

— Ceci helps me produce some songs - Bill says, getting up and taking the plate to the counter, then leaning on it, looking at me.

— Since when do you compose, Ceci? - Anne asks, intrigued, and I shrug.

— Since now - I say, getting up too and heading to the sink, leaving the dishes in it.

— True, Bill told me about your idea for the solo in "Pain of Love," it must have been incredible - Tom says, and I smile, looking at them.

— Thanks, uh... I'll change and come down - I say, leaving the kitchen and heading to my room, where I start getting ready.

I can't believe I showed up in pajamas and completely messy in front of the twins, that's not how I imagined it when I woke up with them here.

Bill's POV

— I need to go out and take care of some things at my aunt's, but I'll be back in a few hours, okay? - Anne says, giving Tom a peck on the lips and then leaves the kitchen. Tom starts staring at me.

— Want an autograph? - I ask, looking at the younger one, who crosses his arms.

— For Ceci? Seriously? - Tom says, looking into my eyes, and I look at him confused.

— The girl can compose, she has great ideas - I say, looking at him, who denies it.

— No, Bill, I mean, do you have something with her? - Tom says, and I understand everything, looking at him.

— Ceci is fourteen, she's a child, and she's Anne's sister, so no, she's just my friend - I say, staring at the younger one, who looks at me and then nods.

— I really hope so, Bill, because it would clearly be wrong. The Coopers are hot as hell, that's undeniable, but Ceci... she's a child - Tom says, and I nod.

— Don't exaggerate, the girl is a teenager, she's not a child - I say, and the younger one nods, then puts his hands on the counter.

— Compared to us, yes, she's a child - Tom says, and I sigh, looking at him.

— Let's stop here. Ceci is my fan and my friend. She's very young, and despite being beautiful and having the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen, I won't have anything with her, especially because I'm in love with another girl - I say, looking at Tom, who squints his eyes at me.

— Is it still Anne? - Tom asks, and I shake my head, but then nod.

— Yes, despite everything, I'm still in love with her, and this feeling will take a long time to disappear - I say, and the younger one nods, then puts his hands on the counter.

— As long as you don't sleep with Anne behind my back, it's okay by me - Tom says, laughing, and I laugh, looking at the elder one.

— I'm ready - Cecilia says, appearing on the stairs, and I immediately look at the younger one, who was incredibly beautiful. Ceci was beautiful, that was undeniable, she was a mini Anne, only more perfect.

— Produce a lot - Tom says, giving Ceci a kiss on the top of her head, making her blush immediately, and I smile.

— Let's go - I say, opening the door for the younger one, and we start walking together.

Cecilia's POV

— Are you still in love with Anne? - I ask, looking at Bill as we walk together, and yes, I had heard the whole conversation between the twins in the kitchen. I know they see me only as a fan and a child, but I know Bill really doesn't see me as a child and not even as his obsessed fan. Now I was more his friend than anything.

— Yes - Bill says, and I feel a strange feeling, it's like my heart tightens, like it tickles itself while being squeezed. I had never felt it before.

— Why? - I ask, looking at him intrigued. - Anne is with Tom, your brother. Why are you still in love with someone who doesn't see you that way? - I ask, and he stops walking, pulling my waist and sitting with me on a bench, then looking at me.

— What I feel for her is not passion, Ceci - Bill says, looking into my eyes, and I look into his. - I love your sister - Bill says, and I immediately gulp, looking directly at him.

— I don't understand... - I say, looking at him, frowning. - I swear I don't understand, Bill. How did you manage to love her so quickly? - I ask, frowning, looking into his eyes.

— I don't know, Anne awakened something in me that I had never felt before. She is admirable - Bill continues speaking, and I immediately stand up, looking at him.

— How can you be so deluded? - I ask, looking at the younger one. - Your brother is with her, your own brother is with her, Bill. They're together, they love each other, and they'll stay together. It's as if someone was writing their story, I don't know, in two thousand and twenty-three, and predicted everything that will happen between them. Anne is Tom's, and Tom is Anne's, and it's done - I say, looking into the younger one's eyes.

— Ceci, you won't understand this because you're too young... - Bill says, holding my hand, and I let go.

— Stop blaming my age, we have three years of difference for God's sake, Einstein - I say, looking into his eyes. - I may be younger, but clearly I wouldn't put myself in such a humiliating situation as this - I say somewhat stressed, looking at him.

— Is it humiliating to love someone? - Bill asks, and I nod.

— It's humiliating to love someone who doesn't love you back - I say, looking into the eyes of the elder, who nods.

— So what should I do? - Bill asks, and I run my hand through my hair, looking at him and sighing deeply.

— Focus on someone else, focus on... I don't know, anyone but her - I say, and the elder immediately stands up, looking into my eyes.

— I don't have anyone to focus on except you, Ceci - Bill says, and I lift my gaze, looking deeply into his eyes.

— Then focus on me - I say, and the elder immediately smiles sideways, letting out a chuckle.

— You're funny, you know? - Bill says, running his hand over my arm, and I shake my head.

— I'm serious - I say, looking into the eyes of the elder. - If the only way for you not to get hurt in this whole situation and forget about Anne for good is to focus on me, then focus on me, Bill - I say, looking into the elder's eyes, who then sighs.

— Ceci, I know you're my fan and that you love us, and you've probably imagined a thousand and one things with me and the boys, but... what you're asking for is insane - Bill says, looking into my eyes, and I immediately shake my head.

— What's stopping you from focusing on me? - I ask. - Am I that much of a problem? - I ask, and the elder shakes his head.

— No, no, Ceci, you're incredible, seriously, these days I spent with you I felt special and much lighter than before, I felt like someone really cared about me - Bill says, holding my hand, and I look at our hands together. - But asking me to be with you is insane, you're fourteen, it's crazy to think about that - Bill says, and I nod, looking at him, and the elder then brings his hand to my face, still looking into my eyes. - Don't look at me like that...

— Look how? - I ask, looking deeply into his eyes, and the elder then takes a deep breath.

— With that captivating look that only you have - Bill says, looking at me, and I immediately get closer to the elder.

— It's the look I have when I see you... - I say, and the elder remains quiet for a moment, looking into my eyes.

— I'm sorry, Ceci, but I can't fulfill this fan desire of yours - Bill says, moving away from me, and I immediately nod.

— Not yet...