The Surgeon Sequel - The Twins: Part 37

"How can I help?" Asks the pretty receptionist, sitting pert and doll like behind her desk. Kade is brusk, "We're in Suite: 777, the rest of our group will arrive tomorrow." Realizing he doesn't sound like someone who's just experienced a loss, he becomes softer, "Unfortunately we've just been informed of one of our groups sudden death."

The receptionist cuts in; she's immediately sympathetic, "I am so sorry. On behalf of the hotel, may I offer our sincere condolences for your loss," she says, with a genuine solemnity. Then taking in us both, she asks, "Would you like me to cancel and refund the booking?"

"Erm, no. We'll keep the booking." Says Kade. He looks at me, puts his arm around my shoulder and says, "It's Suite: 666. My fiancé and I would like to take the card key as we believe some of Lucindy's personal belongings may have already been delivered to the suite and we'd like to take them into our care."

The receptionist's fingers attack her keyboard while her face scans the screen, "Lucindy Lupus!" She exclaims, surprised. She looks at us both, "She was starring in the show, wasn't she?" She asks, handing over the key card. I take it and say, "That's right. What do you know about the show?" I ask, with a kind of uninterested nonchalance. She shrugs her shoulders, "The same as everyone else, the posters and fliers are crazy. There's a big buzz about it here in London. I guess it will have to be cancelled, there'll be a lot of disappointed people out there," she says.

"A lot of saved people out there," says Kade under his breath.

"Sorry sir, I didn't get that," the receptionist says, leaning forward.

Kade takes my hand and smiles, "Oh, nothing. Have a good day and thanks for the key-card," he says, pulling me away.

......

As the door of the elevator closes, I look at the number panel then at Kade, I like to know his decision is the same as mine – 'Hit it!" He says. And with that my fist slams into: 666.

......

"Can you feel that?" Asks Kade.

"I sure do, it's freezing," I say, rubbing my own arms to generate warmth.

Our warm breath clouds and billows up into the cold air as the elevator door pings open. "This cold is more than a little familiar," I note, as we stall at the door to Suite: 666.

I knock it hard with my fist, "Hello – this is housekeeping, we've come to clean the suite, is there anybody in there?" I lie.

We pause. Listen. Nothing.

I hold the key-card over the panel and have it hover there – until Kade nods his head: and I connect the card.

The familiar 'click' of a disengaged lock, cracks the cold air.

Kade pushes the door open and we're hit by a sudden warm blast, "It would appear that Lucindy likes a little more heat in her hell," says Kade, pushing the door again and holding it open this time.

The warmth emanating from the room is inviting, and Kade edges in first – "Hello – it's Kade and Tan here, we've come for a little look round and sure hope this isn't a stitch up," he says, winking at me, reassuringly.

We wait. Listen. Silence.

"AAAAAAAAAH!" We both scream and jump into each other's arms.

Then laugh when we realize it was the ping of Kade's cell sounding an in-coming message that causes our jolt.

"Jeez, we're like a pair of coiled up springs," laughs Kade, checking his cell.

......

My heart's still pounding in my head as Kade reads the message from Kelly:

Hi guys. We've buried Lucindy, she's really dead. We're now so excited – we're on our way! Literally hours away from seeing you both. Stay safe and we'll all see u soon. Love Kell & Troy XXX.