The Surgeon 5

OMG – freedom feels GOOD!

......

I so want PASTA.

You see – The Surgeon was(is) fanatical about my weight.

My statistics were taken every day. I had to remain a size zero with measurements of: 76-56-81 cm (30-22-32 inches.)

Crazy, hey?

But then you've probably guessed by now that my parents are crazy.

Psychopaths – for sure.

.....

I find an Italian Restaurant close to the Airport and order what was Thomas's favorite: Spaghetti Carbonara, smothered in a freshly ground snowy blanket of Parmesan Cheese.

It tastes de–LUSH–us.

Size zero can go take a hike!

......

Afterwards, I feel like a snake that's just ate an antelope – satisfied.

......

This room is real cute.

I'm checked into a small, back street hotel in a rough neighborhood.

Chicago's a big city, but I know my parents will be using their considerable resources to find me.

It's ironic, but I feel safer in a dangerous part of town.

......

It's good being able to express myself more freely with you guys.

......

The hair needs to go.

My rope like braid reaches just past my butt. I start cutting into it at about chin level. Jeez, it's thick, the scissors bite into my knuckles with the effort.

Eventually the blonde rope falls onto the bathroom floor.

I look at it with sad eyes. I'm not trying to get rid of Tanya; I'm just adapting her, making her less Disney Princess – more me.

......

I realize my story has got more complicated for you guys, because now, I'm like, three people:

1. Thomas

2. Tanya

3. Charlotte (whose identity I have had to assume to get here.)

To make it easier for you folks, call me Tanya.

......

I check the door is locked and pull a closet in front of it. Then lie on the bed and let jet lag take over.

......

My eyes snap open; I'm dizzy with disorientation, before my new reality slams back into focus – FREEDOM!