CHAPTER - 1

As the evening unfolded, a gentle blend of yellow and red hues painted the sky. The soft caresses of the wind carrying the sweet fragrance of incense sticks, creating a soothing atmosphere.

In the background, the delicate tinkling of bells adds a melodic touch. And right there, the beautiful temple of Goddess Durga stands, captivating everyone with its divine charm.

Amid this beautiful scene, the most captivating sight is a girl standing before the goddess, her hands folded in devotion, eyes closed in deep prayer. Her lips move silently, expressing the earnest words of devotion to her beloved Maa.

Standing beside her on the right, a man joins his hands in front of her, not facing the goddess but gazing at the girl with a tender smile gracing his face. As the girl opens her eyes and smiles at her Maa, she turns to glance at the guy, only to shake her head in disappointment, as if anticipating his distraction from the divine moment.

"Ahaan, phir se? Aap humesha maa ko chhodh kar hume hi kyun dekhte rehte hai? Hum yahaan maa ki pooja karne aaye hain na, toh chaliye voh kijiye, varna maa bura maan jayengi," she said in a disappointed tone to him.

"Meri pooja ka fal toh tumhari maa ne mujhe pehle hi de diya hai jo mere saamne khadi hai. Main toh usi ki pooja karna chahunga jo mere dil ki dhadkan aur mere jeene ki vajah hai. Mujhe jo maangna tha, voh maine maa se maang bhi liye, aur unhone mujhe de bhi diya. Ab mujhe kuch nahi chahiye, toh phir baar-baar unhe pareshan kyun karna? Aur mujhe pura yakeen hai ki agar main apne bhagwan ki pooja unki jagah karunga, toh voh bura nahi manegi," he said with so much sincerity and love in his eyes that it brought tears to her eyes.

"Tum hamesha aise karte ho; pehle khud itni emotional baat karke mujhe rulate ho, phir kehte ho ki main cry baby hun," she complained, making him chuckle.

"Arre, woh toh main abhi bhi kahunga ki mera bacha cry baby hai," he teased. Cupping her face, he wiped a small tear that dropped from her eyes and kissed her forehead.

"Kanak... Krrish, beta?" They both turned towards the sound and smiled at Pandit Ji, who had come and stood in front of them.

Kanak was about to bend to touch his feet when Krrish stopped her, holding her shoulder and fake glaring at her.

"Ruko tum," he said.

Bending down, he touched Pandit Ji's feet with his hand, placing them on Kanak's head. He then again touched his feet, keeping them on his chest, and asked, "Kaise ho baba aap?"

"Jeete raho, main thik hun baccho. Achanak kaise ana hua?" he asked, giving them blessings by lovingly placing his hands on their heads.

"Bas apki beti ko uski Maa aur baba ki yaad aa rahi thi aur yaha ane ki zid karne lagi. Meri jaan kisi bhi baat ki farmayish kare aur main puri na karu aise ho sakte hai kya bhala toh bas chale aye," he said, looking at her and then at Baba.

"Offo ho baba, aap inhe chodiye aur yeh lijiye maa ke liye saree aur churni layi thi, isse humari taraf se chadha dijiye please," she requested, handing the tokri to Baba, who nodded and started the pooja on their behalf.

Soon, he came back with the arti ki thali. Taking the arti, Krrish took a pinch of kumkum, applying it between her hairline and a small tikka just above her bindi, just the way she loved. She smiled cutely at him and applied the tikka to him as well.

"Tum dono ko aise saath dekh kar mujhe jo khushi hoti hai, na main bayan nahi kar sakta. Jitna pyaar tum dono ek dusre se karte ho, aisa pyaar sab nahi kar pata. Aur agar pyaar kar bhi le, toh uss pyaar ki pooja nahi kar pate, jo tum karte ho. Aisa pyaar bohot kismat walon ko milta hai. Mere paas ashirwad ke alawa aur kuch nahi hai tum dono ko dene ke liye, par main Mata Rani se prarthana karunga ki woh tum dono ko yahi janmo janmo tak saath rakhe," baba said while getting little emotional looking at them.