CHAPTER - 6

Veer's Pov

We're all seated in the private lounge of the hotel for breakfast. Alongside us, her mother, who has been eyeing me intently ever since I sat down, making me shift uncomfortably in my seat every now and then.

Next to her, her friend Samar sits, still somewhat traumatized after seeing our intertwined hands, which almost makes me want to laugh in his face.

But the toughest part of it all is the girl seated beside me, our hands interlinked. We're sitting closer than I'd prefer, but whether it's to my liking or not is up for debate.

Lost in my thoughts, I feel a sharp slap on my thigh. I turn to her, raising my eyebrows inquisitively, but she shoots me a glare in response.

"Stop shaking your leg like it's on a vibration mode, man. I'm sitting beside you, and it's making me feel irritated," she whispered-yelled in my ears.

"So, what do you think I should do? I'm nervous, okay? On top of that, your mother sitting in front is not helping me," I whispered back.

"I can understand your feelings very well. She's not mother, she's HITLER," she said, giving me a sympathetic look, and I had to bite my inner cheeks to control my laughter at the name she had given to her mother.

"Veer, as I already know that you two have been in a live-in relationship for three years, you must have gotten to know each other well by now. So, I don't think we should delay any further. I need to talk to your Dad," Aunty, aka Hitler, said, and I looked at Kiara.

What the hell? Where did "Dad" suddenly come into the picture?

"Mom, lekin Veer ke toh papa hi nahi hain... Uske is duniya mein mere alawa koi nahi hai," she said with so much sadness, and I looked at her with a jerk.

Looking at her for a minute, I wondered if I'm truly an orphan? Yeh ladki mere jeete jagte papa ko kyun maar rahi hai? I glared at her when she looked at me, but when she gave me a pleading glance, I managed to refrain from snapping at her.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry," Hitler said as if she believed us, and that foolish girl let out a sigh of relief beside us, but we frowned upon seeing her mother take her phone out from her purse and dial someone.

"Hello. Am I speaking to Viraj Malhotra?" she said, and I looked at her wide-eyed with my mouth agape.

"Papa? Mar gaye...," I whispered, and Kiara looked at me in shock.

"Papa? What the hell? How did your dad's number come to my mom?" she hissed in my ears, getting panicked by the sudden turn of events.

"5 min ruko, tumhari mom ka mere dad se baat karna hogaya ki phir unse puch kart tumhe batata hun," I said, giving her a tight-lipped smile, to which she glared at me.

"How would I know where it came from, and stop glaring so much, your eyes might pop out," I said, only to make her huff more in anger. Cute. Shut up, focus Veer.

"Yes, Ritika Agnihotri, glad to know that you remember me"......."Yeah, Last we met at the college reunion that too 4 years ago," her mother continued to talk. Holy freaking god, they're college friends, and we just looked at her, gulping in anticipation of what was coming next.

"Hmm, I called you to ask why you never told me that your son and my daughter have been in a living relationship for the past 3 years. And currently, they are sitting in front of me," she said while smiling sweetly towards us, which was not sweet at all.

"Oh, but I heard something different,"

"Anyway, I'm coming over the day after tomorrow, we'll meet at your house," she said, ending the call.

"So, Kiara, tumhare so called boyfriend jiska iss duniye main tumhare alawa ek papa bhi hai, jinse maine abhi baat ki. Parso hum unse mil rahe hai, aur ab baaki ki baatein vhi karenge.," she said and left without even listening to what Kiara was trying to say.

"Shit, fuck, ahhhh," she cursed in frustration as she got up from beside me.

"Main tujhe bachpan se kehta aa raha hoon, jhooth mat bolna. Mammy pakad le toh dant padti hai... Lekin tune kabhi suni hi nahi. Ab jo karna hai kar, main chala," Samar said before also running away from there.

"This... this all happened because of you," she yelled, pointing at me, and I looked at her bewildered.

"Because of me?" I asked, shocked.

"Yes, because of you. Out of billions of people, it had to be you, who turns out to be my mom's friend's son," she said, now pulling at her hair in frustration.

"Oh, hello! I was just minding my own business, chup chap jaa raha tha na waha se main. You're the one who came and introduced me as your baby, your boyfriend. Iss anjaan shaher main, ek abla naari ki madat nahi karonge tum, kisne bola tha yeh, haa? Ek toh tumhari madat kar raha tha, aur ab mujh pr blame daal rahi ho? Aisanfarmosh naari..," I said, getting up and narrowing my eyes at her. How dare she?

"Just shut up, you..." she stopped when her phone started ringing. I glanced down at the couch where her phone was showing an incoming video call from... "Chukndar??" She hurried to answer the call.

"Ki... What happened? Did Hitler come? Did you talk to her? Did you manage to bring boyfriend?" the person on the other end bombarded her with questions.

"Bhaiii," she said, her eyes welling up, lips trembling, and I just blinked. Wasn't she yelling just a few seconds ago?

"Sab ulta ho raha hai," she said, crying.

"Shh.. Baby.. Don't cry.. Bata mujhe kya hua?" he asked her.

"Bhai, maine galat banda choose kiya, sara plan kaharb ho gaya," she said. And I shook my head. Why is this girl blaming me for everything? I wasn't even in the picture before.

"Who is that guy? Show me," he asked, and she forwarded her phone to me, still sniffing. I took it and looked at the screen.

"Hello, you... Mr. Veer freaking Malhotra??" His eyes widened as he looked at me.

"Yes," I said, frowning at him. Why do I feel like I've seen him somewhere before?

"You're the one she introduced to mom as her boyfriend?" he asked again to confirm.

"Unfortunately, yes," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Kiara, what the hell? Do you even know who he is? He's the son of Viraj Malhotra. His father happens to be our old business partner and Hitler's classmate," he said, shocked.

"Brother, you already know that?" she asked, now shocked, coming to stand beside me.

"Obviously. Dad and I have met his dad many times during parties and meetings. Veer is one of the best neurologists in India and the owner of India's best hospital, Emrald Health. Maybe you two never attended anything together, which is why you don't know each other. But I met Veer once during a party at his home about two years ago," he said. I wracked my brain a little and remembered that yes, we had met before at a party hosted at our home during the grand opening of Emrald Health.

"Ahaan Agnihotri, right?" I confirmed, to which he nodded.

"So, yeh pagal tumhari behen hai?" I asked, to which he nodded again.

"Unfortunately, yes, brother," he said.

"Muh tod dungi tumhara chukandar. Hitler knows that we lied to her," she said, glaring first, then whining.

"Ki, Veer, you both are in deep trouble now," he said, shaking his head, and we both just looked at each other.