CHAPTER - 2

After 31 year's
Veer's Pov

"Call Saisha," I said, making a quick turn to the right while driving home at 2 AM. I'm always running late, thanks to all the emergency cases and surgeries. Tonight, I'm beat. All I wanna do is crash into bed and sleep like a log, but no can do. Got a flight to catch at 6:30 AM for New York, where I've got a doctor's seminar to attend as the main guest. And I Can't afford to miss it. And my packing? Ugh, don't even wanna think about it.

"Yes, sir?" Saisha answered recieviewing the call..

"Saisha, I called because you weren't in the office when I left. As you know I'll be out of India for 4-5 days, so if anything urgent pops up, contact Dr. Rohan. He'll help you out or get in touch with me, alright?" Saisha's been with me for five months now as my assistant, and she's pretty good at her job.

"Sure thing, sir. don't worry. I'll take care of everything. Have a safe trip, and take care," she said.

"Thanks, Saisha. Good night," I hung up as I parked my BMW outside the Malhotra Mansion. Stepping in, it was all quiet, except for the lamp next to the sofa where my dad sat, nose buried in a book, glasses on as usual.

I can't help but wonder at how handsome he still looks at 51. Sometimes, I admit feeling a pang of jealousy when I see how effortlessly charming he is, with girls still flirting or throwing themselves at him even when I'm around. It's not like I crave their attention, but still.

My dad is my rock, my guide, my everything. Since my mom passed away giving birth to me, he's been the closest person in my life. And for him, I'm his entire world. His day begins and ends with me. Right from my birth, he's been overprotective, caring, and loving. But do I complain? Nah, because I love it.

"Dad, not again..." I sighed, approaching him. His attention shifted from his book to me, a broad smile spreading across his face.

"Ah, my boy, you are finally home," he exclaimed, closing his book and patting the spot beside him.

"How many times have I told you, Dad, if I'm getting late, you should go to bed? It's not good for your health to stay up so late," I scolded gently, taking a seat beside him.

"And how many times have I told you, without seeing you, my day doesn't start or end? Now, tell me, how was your day?" he inquired.

"Exhausting. Had back-to-back surgeries, then some cases that needed studying before heading to New York. And now, I still have packing to do, and I've got a flight at 6:30 AM, so I need to leave by 5," I replied wearily, laying my head on his lap.

"Don't worry, I've already packed for you. You've got three hours now, go and get some proper sleep," he assured, running his hand through my hair as I closed my eyes, feeling the tension melt away.

"Do I need to take care of anything while you're away?" Dad inquired.

"No, Dad, I've already briefed Saisha about everything, and the schedule is clear. I've also instructed her to contact Rohan in case of emergencies," I reassured him.

"Ah, okay. You were with Rohan today?" Dad asked.

"Hmmm," I murmured, not really in the mood to talk.After a few moments of silence, Dad spoke up again.

"You know, Veer, you're from the modern generation, and I'm not exactly orthodox or anything. So, you don't need to worry about anything. We can adjust, you know. I really don't have any problem with it. You can talk freely and..." he trailed off, but I interrupted him, furrowing my brow in confusion.

"Dad, hold on. What are you talking about? I don't understand," I said, turning onto my back to look at him. He shifted in his seat before speaking again.