CHAPTER - 3

Kiara's Pov

In the confines of my room, the air is heavy with perspiration and restlessness. I sense the faint jingling of bells and catch a whiff of an enchanting fragrance, transporting me to a familiar yet unknown temple.

Abruptly, I find myself gasping for air as I spot a figure in the room, startling me awake from my slumber. Taking deep breaths, I attempt to compose myself and wipe away the tears that have welled up in my eyes.

Sighing, knowing that it's again a dream, I reach for the tablet on the bedside table and swallow it with a gulp of water. Brushing aside the strands of hair that cling to my face, I glance out of the window, wrapping myself in the shrug that lies nearby.

My gaze fixes upon the half-moon, lost in contemplation about my recurring dreams or nightmare. These dreams have haunted me for so long that I've lost track of when they began. Only my best friend Samar knows about them.

I struggle to comprehend their meaning; they bring both immense joy and profound sadness. The constant in these dreams is a boy, his identity obscured by blurry images. Despite the lack of clarity, I feel an undeniable connection to him. I yearn to understand him, to be with him, yet something inexplicable thwarts our meeting.

Then there's the mysterious temple. What ties does it have to the boy? What connection do I share with both of them? Why am I plagued by these visions? These unanswered questions swirl in my mind, leaving me restless.

Lost in my thoughts, I'm startled by a loud splash, drawing my gaze away from the moon to the person who has just plunged into the pool below.

I reside in the penthouse of one of my hotels, situated on the highest floor. Beneath lies the VIP floor, complete with its private swimming pool. Glancing at watch, I furrow my brow upon noticing it's 5 a.m. Who in their right mind would take a dip in the pool at this hour?

As time passes, I watch him glide effortlessly through the water, his movements fluid and graceful. Absurd thoughts cross my mind—could he be a male mermaid? Shaking off the notion, I observe him emerge from the pool, his wet hair cascading down his back.

I find myself yearning for him to turn around, to meet my gaze, but he remains focused on drying himself with a towel, his back turned to me. Before I can dwell further on my thoughts, the doorbell interrupts my thoughts.

"Who is this now? Do you want to die early in the morning?" I muttered as I walked towards the door. I opened the door and suddenly someone pushed me aside from my head and entered inside.

"What the?" I looked at the person and rolled my eyes upon seeing my one and only best friend. I locked the door and stood in front of him, crossing my arms and raising my eyebrows.

"Good morning, Kitty," he said, grinning at me and showing his Colgate smile.

"Do you want my day to go bad as you show up here early in the morning, Sammy?" I said and obediently went lying down, covering myself with my fluffy baby pink blanket, ignoring him.

"How could you, Kitty? And wait, you don't look like you were sleeping when I came. That means you have already completed your sleep, so now get your ass up," he said, pulling my blanket up.

"Ugh, what, dude? Let me sleep, please," I whined and sat up when he gave me one of his serious looks.

"Bark," I said.

"I'm not a dog to bark," he rolled his eyes and then looked at me for seconds, and I could see he was, umm... Is he nervous?

"What's wrong, Sammy? Why are you nervous?" I asked, suddenly thinking why he was here early in the morning.

"Look, I will tell you something now. I should have told you earlier, I know, but mistakes happen. And you're my understanding friend, so I know you'll understand," he said, and I frowned, confused.

"What are you saying? Say it clearly," I said, getting up from the bed.

"Iamsorrybuthitlaraarahihai," he said quickly in one breath and ran behind the couch.

"Huh? Speak properly, you idiot," I said, getting irritated with him now.

He gulped and said, "Hitler is coming, will be here in the next 3 hours," he said, and I froze in my spot. There must be something wrong. Maybe I am still sleepy, so I am hearing things. I shook my head and asked,

"Sorry, did I hear wrong? Say it again."

"Ahem, no, Kitty, you heard it right. Hitler is on the flight, which will land in 1 hour, and by 8, she will be here," crying, I felt like crying, angry, sad, panic, fear, every horrible emotion I could feel right now.

"When did you find out about this?" I asked him. Control Ki baby, control.

"Yesterday night, I actually got a call from uncle since you weren't answering Uncle's calls. He called me, but you know I was at the club, and there I met a girl..." I cut him off by landing the pillow straight on his face.

"Aaaa!" he screamed and started running when I threw my slipper at him.

"You idiot, Havasi Prani... Were you more interested in that girl than informing me about Hitler's arrival? Was she more important?" I asked, well aware of Hitler's impending visit.

"Sorry, Kitty, I was drunk and couldn't control myself, but as soon as I got my composure, I came here in front of you," he said, dodging the flying slipper.

"Alexa, call Chukandar," I said to Alexa, and soon I heard the call ringing and it was answered in 3 rings.

"Chukandar..." I shouted as soon as the call was answered.

"Hey, my baby sis, what happened? Why are you shouting?" said my one and only brother from the other side.

"Bro, where is Hitler?" I asked him, if he knows, then he's in for it after Sammy.

"She must be at home, why, what happened?" he said.

"She's not at home, she's is in the flight which will be landing in New York in 1 hour," I said to him, and now it was his turn to shout.

"Kya? Hitler didn't tell me anything... then how?" he said in shock.

"Where is your attention, guys? Saare namune mere hi palle padne the kya? God, I had told you, right? Don't let Hitler come to New York under any circumstances," I said, first irritated, then tired.

"Don't worry, baby sis, we..." he was saying when I cut him off.

"What do you mean, don't worry? You know mom is coming here to meet my 2-year-old boyfriend, with whom I'm in a living relationship, but the best part is that the boyfriend doesn't even exist, aur ab 3 ghante mein main boyfriend kaha se paida karu?" I said, crying.

Sitting  crossed legs in front of them, our angel Kanak rested her hands on her knees, her palms cupping her cheeks, watching the scene unfold before her eyes with curious yet pitying eyes for Kiara.

"Hitler aa rahi hai, matlab Kiara bohot badi musibat mein fasne wali hai," she said, shaking her head.

"Maine pehle hi kaha tha jhooth bolna paap hota hai... jhoot mat bolo, fas jaayenge, lekin nahi tumhe toh sunna nahi hota hai kisi ko... jiddi jo hai ab bhukto apne karmo ka fal... pata nahi kya karengi ab," she said, considering the possibilities of what Hitler could do to her.

"Achha hua main iski jagah nahi hoon, varna main toh Hitler ko kabhi na jhel pau... Lekin yeh ladki bhi toh kam thodi na hai, bohot ziddi, bilkul humari Krrish ki tarah, woh bhi toh aise hi ziddi hai," she said, chuckling as she remembered Krrish.

••••°°••••

So, what do you think ? Who is Kiara's Hitler??