Treyton Bledig

When people looked upon Treyton Beldig, they would believe he had everything: looks, money, power, and status. He has had those things since he was CEO of a plant-based medicine company that he created independently. Treyton's mother was his motivator since she was a Wiccan who also practiced herbal medicine. He created his company when he was twenty-two years old with the help of his father, a businessman in his own right. Many pharmaceutical companies tried to buy his company or tried to motivate him to stop selling herbal medicine since it was healthier. However, Treyton knew better since he knew about the dangers in the business world. Businessmen and CEOs would do anything to be in power and eliminate the competition.

There were times when Treyton's competitors tried to destroy his reputation or tried to do the unimaginable, but Treyton was always one step ahead of him. His competitors and the ordinary people didn't know he had a secret.

He was a werewolf. 

Not just any ordinary werewolf, but an Alpha. He was the Alpha of the Bloodraven Pack in Big Bear, California. Since that was the case, he used his pack to get information and to spy on those who wanted to harm him and his pack. Treyton was also one who couldn't get hurt easily since he was not entirely human. He overcame any obstacle that came his way, and he was eventually left alone. His company became a significant success in many countries worldwide, but the United States was giving him a hard time since they didn't want healthy citizens. Healthy citizens meant less revenue. However, Treyton refused to give up, and his medicine was making its way to small stores in California, Colorado, and New York.

Although he faced many obstacles in the business world, he also faced many obstacles in his personal life. Werewolves tend to be able to find their mates when they turn eighteen; it is something every werewolf looks forward to. However, to Treyton's dismay and horror, he couldn't find his mate even toward his current age of fifty years old. He fell into depression in his youth, but he met a female werewolf from another pack who also didn't find her mate; they were in their early thirties. The two began to date, had feelings toward one another, and decided to get married. A year after their wedding, they had their only child and son, who was currently nineteen years old.

Even though the Alpha didn't find his mate, he was still content with his life. All that changed a year ago when his wife told him she had finally found her mate. Her mate was a werewolf from Romania who came to California for vacation. Treyton was in shock and tried to talk his wife out of leaving the marriage. He would have done anything to make their marriage work and remind the life they had together. However, the mate binding was more robust, and his wife couldn't deny her mate. That was when she asked for a divorce, and she agreed not to take anything that belonged to him. 

Treyton was heartbroken and realized he could do nothing to change her mind, so he gave her what she wanted; his wife was now his ex. The Alpha fell into a deeper depression and became bitter, but his son did everything he could to help his father get up on his feet. His Beta also helped and motivated him to keep on living. "There is a chance that your mate is out there. Maybe this is a sign for a new beginning," his Beta once told him. 

The Alpha clung to that hope ever since his divorce but wondered if he would find his mate at his age. If his actual mate did exist, would she be his age, older, or younger? He had many unanswered questions, but one thing for sure is that the holidays were here, and this year, it would be just him and his son. Treyton and his pack would celebrate Christmas Day a week early since many of his pack members wanted time for themselves or had other families to visit. The Alpha couldn't help but feel jealous of those who had their mates and families intact.

He was currently in Palos Verdes at a wedding venue by the Botanic Gardens. Treyton was invited to one of his colleague's weddings. This colleague assisted him throughout the beginning of his business, but Treyton couldn't refuse the invitation. He witnessed the vows and felt happy for the colleague and his now wife; they were in their late forties, which showed that it was never too late to find love. After the church ceremony, everyone attended the venue, which was a garden surrounded by different types of roses and flowers. The venue was separated by a large brick wall decorated with wedding decorations and plants. The wedding venue was small, but the married couple wanted that. They wanted a small wedding with their closest friends and families. 

Treyton sat apart from the rest of the party while looking at his phone. His son would soon arrive from Romania, and his Beta was driving toward one of Treyton's homes, which he owned close by. A few times, women went to him and asked him for a dance, but he would kindly refuse them; he wasn't motivated to dance with anyone. "I need to take a breather."

The Alpha stood from his seat and heard many people walking around the Botanic Gardens on the other end of the wall. Men, women, and children sounded like they were in awe or enjoying themselves. It had been a while since he had visited and seen the Botanic Gardens, and he thought it would be nice to be out. Treyton walked to the party's exit and went to the dessert section of the gardens. Many people eyed him curiously since he wore a suit to the gardens. The stares were ignored, and he continued walking until he stopped.

A particular scent hit his nose; it was a combination of vanilla and jasmine. He stilled and realized that the scent possibly belonged to...his mate. His body felt waves of euphoria like he was floating on clouds. "So, this is what she felt." Treyton thought about his ex-wife and followed where the scent was coming from. Flowers surrounded them, but he knew the flowers didn't have those particular scents that hit his nose. Why else would he have such urgency to follow the scents? He walked by many people who eyed him confusingly, but they ignored him. 

The Alpha eventually arrived at the Sakura Meadow; he stilled. He saw a young woman whose red hair flowed with the Sakura blossoms. The young woman looked like a Princess as the petals flowed down. She eventually eyed him; their eyes locked.

The scent was so powerful that the scent of Sakura wasn't transparent. Treyton slowly walked toward her but eventually stopped so he wouldn't take any of her space. His eyes never left her, and he felt everything around him didn't exist except her. His heart beat rapidly with a happiness he had never felt—not even his wedding came close. That was when he knew who he looked upon.

"Mate."