Stunned

After the Christmas Tree lighting, the duo decided it was time to end the day and returned to the car. "Well, it was an interesting night, wouldn't you agree, Treyton?"

"I agree. Again, I apologize for my friends; they worry too much about me."

Maeve smiled while shaking her head, gently holding his hand. "No need to apologize. I can say the same thing about mine. Anyway, I had fun, and I hope you did too."

"Oh, I did. I don't remember the last time I had this much fun. After my divorce, I lost myself, and I thought I would never experience something like this."

They finally arrived at the parking structure and walked toward the car until Maeve realized she had to return to work soon. "Oh, Treyton, I don't know if you remember or not, but I'm returning to work on Monday since I asked for a week off. I'm not going to be free as I used to."

Treyton remembered her mentioning it once, but he forgot about it. It was going to be torturous for the Alpha. "I kind of forgot about it, but hey, we have jobs to do, and I imagine your students  miss you."

Maeve smiled as she thought about her students. "Yeah, I miss them too. They're like my kids, but as a teacher, I can't get too emotionally involved with them."

Once he arrived at the car, Treyton unlocked it, and he and Maeve got inside. Treyton wasn't looking forward to not seeing his mate often. It was going to be difficult being far from her for too long. He also eventually had to tell her the truth about his identity. "Hey Maeve, before you return to work, do you want to go out? It will be a while before we get to see one another."

"Yeah, that sounds like fun." Then, she remembered seeing an event on the Friends & More app. "I remember researching some events on my app, and there will be a German Christmas Market in the Old World Village. I heard it's popular since people sell things they created; there are also food stalls and dancing. It's in Huntington Beach; we can go tomorrow night at 6 p.m."

Treyton turned on the car as he slowly exited his space and drove off. "That sounds fun. I need to start getting some gifts." While driving off, the two spoke about their enjoyment of skating and the Christmas Tree lighting. They also spoke about Christmas shopping and asked and gave each other some advice. Treyton drove onto the freeway until he got off a particular exit leading to Long Beach. "Would you like me to drop you off at Starbucks, or are you comfortable for me to drop you off at home?"

"You can drop me off at home. It's not safe walking home at midnight." Treyton smiled as Maeve gave him directions on where she lived. He felt that he had earned her trust and was making progress. Taking the directions, he drove by many streets until he entered a dark suburb. "I live right there," Maeve said while pointing at her home.

The Alpha stopped in front of the house where he parked and turned off his car. He didn't know what was going to come next. Would she kiss him? Could he kiss her? Was it too soon? "I stink at this! I can't believe I'm not making a simple move!"

"Well, thanks again, Treyton! I had a wonderful time, and I guess I will see you tomorrow!"

"O-Of course. I can pick you up from your house if you'd like."

"Sure, why not." 

Maeve was undoing her seatbelt, and Treyton's hands were twitching. The Alpha debated whether or not to make a move. It frustrated him since he was an Alpha of a pack and knew how to lead but couldn't make the first move. Maeve opened the car door and was about to leave, but Teryton gently touched her shoulder, making her look at him. Then, Treyton gently cupped her face, making her come closer to her. He kissed her on the cheek; Maeve gasped at the sudden kiss. When it was done, Treyton let her go but looked away. "I-I will see you tomorrow."

The young woman sat in silence, stunned. "Y-Yeah. See you tomorrow." Maeve got out of the car and closed the door. She slowly walked toward her house. Looking behind her, she saw Treyton giving her a final look and a smile and drove off. Maeve stood in front of her door, trying to comprehend what happened. "He kissed me..." She then put her hand over her cheek; it felt warm. Maeve couldn't help but giggle in happiness. The young woman opened her door and went inside, looking forward to tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Treyton drove over the speed limit in the streets and freeways to get home. He was still shocked at what he did to Maeve; he kissed her. Although Treyton didn't kiss on the lips, he still enjoyed what he did. However, the Alpha feared Maeve would've taken it wrong. Would she reject him? Treyton would look at his phone occasionally to see if she would call or text him, but it didn't happen. Tomorrow would be the day when he would find out what Maeve feels. He eventually arrived home, where he saw the light. That's when Treyton remembered Trinidad mentioning that Aidoneus went to spy on him with them. "He's going to have a lot to explain." Once the car was parked, the Alpha immediately went home, surprised that the door was unlocked.

Music was also heard inside, which confused Treyton; it was the jingle bells rock song. The older man slowly opened the door; his eyes and lips widened. Inside, Treyton saw his son jumping on the sofas. He then would dance, shaking his hips and arms. Aidoneus sang along with the lyrics, but his tone was off, giving off a hoarse tone. He also wore a Santa Claus hat as he danced along with the song, not knowing his father slowly entering the house and closing the door behind him. 

By the song's end, Aidoneus sang the last lyric. He jumped off the sofa and knelt on the floor, extending his arms out while keeping his eyes closed. When he slowly opened them, he noticed his father staring at him. 

Father and son eyed one another; Aidoneus turned off the Alexa. "Hey Pops."

"Hey son."

"Did you see everything?"

"Parts of it."

"I see. Can you pretend it never happened?"

"I don't think I can, son." Aidoneus slowly stood up as he removed the Santa Claus hat, and sat on one of the sofas. He didn't express it, but he felt embarrassed that he danced and sang like a madman. Yet, Aidoneus had a reason: he found his mate. It was a cause for celebration. His thoughts were interrupted when he noticed his father sitting on the sofa next to him, and both were silent for a while, but Treyton eventually broke the silence. "Did you go with Trinidad and Garret to spy on me?"

Aidoneus noticed his father's tone; he wasn't happy. The young man couldn't blame him; his privacy was disturbed and disrespected. "I-I did and I'm sorry, Pops. I know I can't let Trinidad always get her way and-"

"I know, son. Trinidad sometimes extends her limits but she is going too far and I will speak to her and Garret tomorrow. Next time, you will not do what she says. At the end of the day, my word is final. Understand?"

"Yes, sir." Aidoneus noticed his father would stand and leave, but he had to get the good news out of his chest. "Anyway, I found my mate."

Treyton stilled when he heard his son; he slowly turned to his son. "Wh-What?"

"I found my mate, Pops. She was at the ice rink; her name is Persefone."

"Persefone, eh? Is that why you were dancing?" Treyton noticed his son trying to hide his blush, but he was happy for his son because he saw happiness and hope in his son's eyes. "Does Trinidad know?"

"No. When I noticed that you caught them, I immediately asked Persefone for her phone number and we agreed to meet for a nice coffee place. She left before Trinidad and Garret noticed. He Pops, any advice where I could take her? I know Starbucks is not the proper place."

Treyton was thinking of where he took Maeve, but he wanted his son to think of his own. He was a man now and was going to be Alpha one day. "Take her to your favorite place. You need to be confident in yourself, son."

Aidoneus nodded. "You're right, Pops. It's just that I'm happy and nervous simultaneously."

The Alpha nodded. "It's natural son and I know you will do great. Anyway, I will speak with Garret and Trinidad tomorrow morning, and you will give me all the details of your mate. For now, it's time for rest."