Laugh

Maeve and Treyton felt that a migraine would happen to them soon. They were beyond annoyed and embarrassed when they saw their friends outside the rink. Garret, Trinidad, and Patrisha had embarrassed smiles when they were caught. They tried to make a run for it but realized that Aidoneus and Persefone were nowhere to be seen; they couldn't leave them behind. Maeve and Treyton called upon them; the trio knew running was pointless. 

They went to them when Maeve and Treyton got off the rink and the skates. Then, the duo looked at one another, embarrassed. "Sorry, you had to see them like this! I didn't expect..." The duo realized that they spoke in unison; they chuckled. 

However, they looked at their friends, who tried to refrain from laughing. "Treyton, I would like to introduce you to my long-time friend who came here without my knowledge: Patrisha Jackson. Patrisha, this is Treyton, the guy I was telling you about."

Treyton eyed Patrisha, and he couldn't help but notice a hint of curiosity and mischievousness. She reminded him of Trinidad. The Alpha laughed when he realized he and Maeve were alike regarding their friends. His thoughts were interrupted when he noticed Patrisha walking up toward him. Patrisha tried hard to refrain from smiling since she bit her lower lip. "S-So y-you're Treyton? I-I-I!" She couldn't help it anymore, she laughed. Patrisha's laughs echoed around, and some onlookers noticed. Patrisha tried to control her laughing, but when she tried, her laugh became low pig noises. "S-S-Sorry, it's just that I-I-I can't help but find this hilarious! Wh-Who would've thought that we all would meet each other like this! We're like friendly stalkers!"

Suddenly, Trinidad started to laugh; Garret watched as he shook his head. "Stalkers!? That's hilarious! Why did you make us sound so terrible!?" The women were honking and laughing; Garret motioned away from them.

Maeve and Treyton just watched, stunned. Patrisha and Trinidad were so much alike that it was funny yet terrifying at the same time. The duo thought the women's laugh was funny and had the urge to laugh but refrained from doing so. They couldn't ignore the fact that they were spied upon. Treyton cleared his throat. "Alright, that's enough." The women laughed for another five minutes until their throats and stomachs hurt from laughing so hard. "Okay, first of all, what you guys were doing was not okay. Maeve and I wanted to spend time together."

Patrisha and Trinidad pouted like innocent children while swerving side to side. "Well, for my side, I was curious how you looked like and I wanted to see how you were like," explained Patrisha. "Maeve and I have been friends for a while and she tends to be the tender heart. I swear, she could be in a movie in Hallmark. Anyway, her ex broke her heart and I wanted to make sure that you're not that type of person who'll waste her time."

"Patrisha!"

"What? I'm being honest. You know I don't mess around when it regards your dating life! I'm like your second momma, hun. You know I can't be stopped!"

Trinidad nodded while looking proud at Patrisha. "Ditto on what she said. Garret, Aidoneus, and I are here for the same sentiment! You both should be happy that you have friends that care."

"Love, you forced us to come here. Aidoneus and I wanted them to have their moment alone together," said Garrett, crossing his arms and keeping his distance from his wife. He felt his wife mind-link him, calling him a 'traitor.' He answered her back by calling her 'Snoopy.' A chuckle escaped his lips; he enjoyed playful quarreling with his wife.  

When Treyton heard that his son was also with them, he felt a bit upset. He wanted the right moment to introduce his son and Maeve. However, the Alpha noticed that his son wasn't with them. "Where is Aidoneus?"

"You know, I just noticed that he went away. That traitor left us!" Trinidad then noticed Aidoneus walking on the sidewalk but couldn't determine if he was alone or with someone. Trinidad wanted to call him so he could be introduced to Maeve, but when she noticed Treyton's upset look, she knew it wasn't the right time. "Well, Garret and I will look for him. We don't want to keep on ruining your date. Are you guys going to stay for the Christmas tree lighting?"

"Yeah, it's something we are looking forward to," answered Maeve.

"Great! Well, we're heading off." Trinidad then looked at Patrisha and motioned out her right hand. "It has been nice meeting you. I like your personality."

Patrisha smiled as she shook Trinidad's hand. "Same here. I usually scare off people, but our friends here tolerate us." The two stopped; Garret and Trinidad went off toward Aidoneus. Patrisha watched them walk away, and that was when she noticed Persefone. "Well, I'm off too. Treyton, it's nice seeing and meeting you. Hope to see more of you."

Treyton smiled. "Same here."

Patrisha walked away and noticed that Presefone walking toward her.

Meanwhile, Maeve and Treyton watched as their friends went away and disappeared among the crowd. The two let out sighs. "I'm so sorry for my friend Patrisha; when she gets curious, there's no stopping her."

"Please don't apologize. I can say the same thing about Trinidad; I hope this hasn't changed anything."

"Not at all. It's nice to see that we each have friends who worry about us." Maeve noticed that people were getting in line at the ice rink. She then looked at her phone. "It's still early. They will light the tree up at midnight. Would you like to check things out and get a little dessert?"

"Sounds good." The duo walked side by side to get through the spreading crowd. They got away and began to walk on the sidewalk; Treyton motioned out his hand, which Maeve gladly held onto. The duo walked by many stores that were slowly getting decorated by workers. They noticed a little marketplace where high school students sold hot chocolate and other desserts as they walked. Treyton bought them both a hot drink and pieces of marble cake. After getting their desserts, they found a wooden bench close to a restaurant and sat on it. They sat, drank, ate their desserts there, and spoke about their week.

The two were having a wonderful time together, and a couple of hours passed. When Treyton checked his phone, he was shocked to realize they only had ten minutes to return to the ice rink to view the Christmas tree lighting. They threw their trash away and ran as fast as they could. There were a couple of times when they almost tripped, but they ensured to keep each other in balance. While almost getting toward their destination, they could hear an announcer welcoming everyone in attendance. They eventually made it, but the area was too crowded, and they could see the giant Christmas tree from afar.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE! AGAIN, WE WELCOME YOU ALL FOR THIS SPECIAL DAY OF THE LIGHTING CHRISTMAS TREE EVENT! WE ALSO WANT TO WISH YOU A HAPPY FIRST FAY OF DECEMBER!" said the announcer. Everyone in attendance cheered, including the huffing duo. "THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES WANTS TO WISH YOU ALL AND YOUR LOVED ONES A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY! AS THIS YEAR WILL END, A NEW ONE WILL BEGIN! THIS TREE REPRESENTS THAT ALL  YOUR WISHES COME TRUE! NOW, WITHOUT FURTHER DUE, WE WILL BEGIN THE COUNTDOWN!" 

Then, the street lights and the ice rink lights turned off. A large screen on a building turned on, showing a Santa Claus figure who wished everyone Happy Holidays and asked everyone to participate in the countdown. Everyone in attendance began the countdown.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

Then, yellow and red lights lit the large and tall green Christmas Tree. The tree was decorated with red and silver Christmas ornaments, and a large star on top glowed a golden color. Everyone cheered in happiness and excitement. Maeve also couldn't hold her excitement as she screamed while clapping. Treyton watched her happiness; he felt his heart beating rapidly. He then looked at the beautifully lit Christmas tree. The Alpha closed his eyes and decided to make a simple wish. "All I want for Christmas is Maeve."