Agreeance

It was 10 a.m., and Treyton was in an online meeting with his business partners regarding the stats and sales of his business. Everything was going well, and it would bring Treyton into a cheerful mood, but his mind was not on the meeting. He couldn't stop thinking about Maeve and their date. nothing else compared to the date he had with Maeve. He fully understood why his ex-wife left their marriage; the mate pull was so strong that being far from one's mate was challenging. During the meeting, Treyton would glance at his phone, hoping that Maeve would text him. The Alpha tried hard not to text her early in the morning since he didn't know when she would wake up. 

There were times when he would sneak on his phone to research any holiday events that were coming up, but since it was still early, nothing interesting was coming up. Five minutes later, the meeting ended, and everyone logged out; Treyton was relieved. He left his small office and decided to see what his son was doing. "Aidoneus, where are you son?"

"Right here, Pops." The young man was outside in the backyard on a double rope hammock. The skies were still cloudy, and the winds were cold. "How was the meeting?"

Treyton got one of the outdoor wooden chairs and put it beside one of the trees where the hammock was tied. "It was good. I'm happy to know that business is doing well."

Aidoneus chuckled as he raised an eyebrow. "You couldn't concentrate, could you? You were thinking about your mate throughout the entire time?" The older man cleared his throat as he tried to fight off a blush forming on his face. There's no need to be embarrassed about it, pops. I imagine that having a mate is a fantastic feeling." Aidoneus sat up as he got off the hammock, got another wooden chair, and placed it before his father, where he sat on it. "I know that you are planning to butter her up. However, how will you tell her about your identity once you do?"

"I haven't thought about it too well, son. I was thinking of telling her bluntly and showing her my identity."

"Well, what about giving her hints about your identity? For example, you can show movies, take her to museums, or share stories about our kind. You don't have to speak about it repeatedly, of course." 

The Alpha was thoughtful and thought it was a good idea. "I might as well try that. I—" Treyton's phone rang, and he immediately took it from one of his back pockets. He struggled to get it out, and his phone fell from his hand. "Damn it!" The Alpha finally got a hold of his phone and looked at the caller ID: Maeve. His heart skipped a beat; he stood up from his seat and walked away to give himself some privacy. "H-Hello? Good morning, Maeve." Treyton wanted to face-palm himself; he felt embarrassed with his stuttering. 

"Hey, Treyton. Good morning. Sorry for bothering early. I hope I'm not bothering you."

"No, of course not! I just finished a meeting and now I have time to relax with my son."

"Oh, that's nice. I'm glad you are you and your son are having time with one another." Maeve was silent for a while; she cleared her throat. "Anyway, I decided that it was best to call you about an event I was recommended by a friend of mine."

This got Treyton's interest. "Oh? What kind of event?"

"Well, my friend has a baking class, and they are offering a free class tomorrow. It's to make gingerbread cookies and houses. Would you be interested?"

"Gingerbread houses?" he asked himself. He last made a gingerbread when his son was seven years old. His professional and personal life took a lot of his time, and he almost forgot how to enjoy the small things in life. That's when he thought about his son's suggestions. It was an excellent opportunity to give Maeve hints about his identity. Also, he did miss doing something exciting. "That sounds like fun. It has been years since I have done a gingerbread house."

"So you want to go tomorrow?"

"Yup. What time will the class be?"

"At 4 p.m. I will send you to address and the rest information regarding tomorrow's event. I will meet you there."

Treyton wanted to pick her up, but since he didn't want to seem too desperate, he had to learn to be patient with his mate. Patience wasn't the most vital attribute in a werewolf; they were more stubborn than a mule. "Sounds good. I will meet you there and make sure to be there on time."

Maeve giggled, and the two hung up. Treyton smiled and chuckled, feeling excited for tomorrow. Meanwhile, Aidoneus chuckled at the sight of his father's excitement. Seeing his father happy made him feel at ease; he was worried for him after his divorce. His parents weren't mates, but they eventually met them at a late age. The young man would be lying to himself to say that he wasn't afraid of finding his mate at a later age. He knew he was young and had much to explore, but he would eventually get old. His parents were prime examples of what could happen when their mates weren't found early. "So, what are you two going to do tomorrow?"

"Maeve's friend has a baking class that is offering free a free class to make...gingerbread houses." Treyton felt his face become warm.

Aidoneus chuckled. "Well, that's new. It's been a while since any of us did a gingerbread house. Anyway, I'm happy for you. I want you to have fun tomorrow. By the way, while you were at your meeting, Trinidad called." The Alpha cringed when he heard Trinidad's name. Even though she was married to his Beta, Trinidad had a strong personality and enjoyed gossip. Trinidad wanted to know more about his coffee date with Maeve. "Don't worry, pops. I convinced her to come by another day since you're going out with your mate tomorrow. It wasn't easy, but at least I got her off your back for a little while."

"Thanks, son." Treyton was happy to get a bit of reprieve from Trinidad, but the time would eventually arrive when he couldn't escape her curiosity forever.