𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈𝐈

Caden Smythe

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the city streets, you and Francis strolled leisurely towards the diner owned by Marcy Davidson, an old acquaintance from high school. The evening air was filled with the aroma of street food and the distant hum of city life, creating a cozy atmosphere as you caught up with each other's day.

The sidewalk was bustling with activity, people going about their evening routines, and the occasional burst of laughter from nearby cafes. You and Francis exchanged easy conversation, relishing the chance to unwind after a long day.

As you approached the diner, its neon sign flickered to life, illuminating the familiar facade with a warm, inviting glow. The sight of the cozy eatery filled you with a sense of nostalgia, transporting you back to simpler times.

With a smile, you pushed open the door and stepped inside, greeted by the comforting scent of home-cooked meals and the welcoming smile of Marcy behind the counter. The diner was bustling with patrons, their laughter mingling with the clatter of dishes and the sizzle of the grill.

Taking a moment to soak in the familiar sights and sounds, you and Francis found a cozy booth near the window and settled in, eager to catch up with Marcy and indulge in some delicious comfort food.

" Hey, y'all! " Marcy greeted excitedly, her smile stretching to her chubby cheeks, her curly red locks bouncing with her as she rushed to hug you.

" Whoa, hi, Marcy, " you greeted warmly, returning the hug. The scent of fried food lingered around her, but it only added to the homely atmosphere.

" Hello, Marcy, " Francis chimed in, offering his hand for a shake. " This is a nice establishment you've got here. Considering you only opened a few days ago, you're doing pretty well. "

She smiled, taking Francis's hand and shaking it while cupping her cheek with her other hand. " Oh, I'm flattered, darlin', " she chuckled. " Say, I'll get you two something to eat, on the house. " She winked.

" Oh, no! Marcy, please, we'll pay, " you insisted, reaching into your pocket.

" Nonsense, we haven't seen each other in years! Might as well, right? " she insisted, waving off your offer. She called a waiter over and arranged food for both you and Francis.

Her generosity sparked an idea in your head. " Hey, speaking of, wouldn't it be nice to have a reunion party here? " you suggested with a smile.

Francis nodded along, " That would be nice, " he agreed. " We'll have a lot of catching up to do. "

Marcy's eyes light up at the idea. " That would be amazing! Not to mention great for business, " she jokes, before her expression turns somber.

" But sadly, I don't think all of our classmates can attend. Some have families, and from what I heard, one of them passed. "