𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐗

Invitation

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

" Can chickens fly? " A voice interrupts your busy day at the arcade, pulling you out of your mascot character's world. You glance down to see a curious child gazing up at you with wide eyes, filled with wonder.

As you try to formulate a response, another question comes your way, " Is it true that you're a descendant from dinosaurs? " The innocence of the inquiry brings a smile to your face, and you can't help but admire the child's imagination.

Before you can answer, a little girl tugs on your sleeve, her words surprising yet endearing, " I like eating fried chicken!" Her declaration catches you off guard, and you can't help but chuckle.

You gulp nervously, trying to maintain your composure despite the unexpected statement. " Is that so? " you manage to reply, subtly shuffling away from the inquisitive child. Wearing a chicken costume with a cutout for your face, you feel a tinge of embarrassment wash over you. But you remind yourself it's all for the extra money.

For Milky.

With forced enthusiasm, you move exaggeratedly, dancing with the children as best as you can while keeping a fixed smile plastered on your face.

As you're dancing with the kids, you suddenly notice Francis walking in with a large cart. You pause mid-move, a mix of surprise and confusion washing over you. " Francis? " you call out, your voice muffled by the chicken mask. " What are you doing here? "

He turns towards you, a mischievous glint in his eyes as soon as his eyes land on you, he seemed more glad than surprised. " Milk, for milkshakes, " he replies, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. Then, his gaze drifts to your chicken costume.

" Nice outfit, " Francis teases, his eyes lingering on the obnoxious feathers glued onto your cheeks. You playfully kick him on the knee. " Shut up, " you scold, laughter bubbling up despite your attempt to feign annoyance.

" Hey, Missus Peck! " the kids call out, grabbing onto your waist and vying for your attention. Feeling torn between them and Francis, you stumble slightly. " Hey, I really wanna talk to you but, you know, the kids... " you trail off, shooting Francis an apologetic look. He nods understandingly, gesturing for you to focus on your young audience.

" Lay an egg! " a little boy pleads abruptly, prompting you to clear your throat. " Not even gonna introduce yourself so I can tell your mother what you just said to me? " you mutter under your breath. Francis, hearing your complaint, chuckles and leans down to address the kids.

" That's a wonderful request, but, " Francis begins, " someone's gotta put the baby inside her first. " With wide eyes, you stare at him in silence.

The kids boo in disappointment as Francis gently guides you by the shoulders on your way outside. Your body is still stiff from shock. " Don't worry, we'll be right back, " he assures the kids.