𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐕

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐕

Count Down from Ten

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

" Okay, " Francis chuckled, lifting his hands in surrender, " Let's take a break from the sex topics, shall we? " He teased, rising from his seat and playfully covering your face with his palm.

You chuckled, leaning against the counter, the laughter subsiding as you checked the time. " Wow, is it really that late already? " you exclaimed, a hint of surprise in your voice. " I guess heading back to Kuntt's place might be pushing it a bit. " You shook your head, contemplating the risk.

Francis nodded in agreement. " Yeah, probably best not to push our luck, " he conceded with a shrug. " You can crash at your old apartment tonight, " he suggested, a spark of realization lighting up his face.

" Ah, right! " You exclaimed, a grin spreading across your face as you darted outside, Francis trailing behind. You began searching through your pockets, which seemed to contain everything except your keys.

" Well, shit, " you muttered under your breath, frustration evident in your tone.

" No keys? " Francis inquired, leaning in closer to peer over your shoulder.

You nodded, a grimace on your face. " Yeah, seems that way, " you grumbled. " Guess I'll be making the hallway my bed tonight. Goodnight, " you resigned, preparing to settle down on the floor before Francis intervened, his hand grasping your arm.

" No way, " he interjected firmly. " You're not sleeping in the hallway. Come crash at my place. "

Your eyes widened in surprise. " Oh, yeah, that works, " you agreed, a hint of relief in your voice. Francis let out a soft sigh, a smile playing at his lips.

" Let's go, " he said, leading the way towards his apartment with you by his side. " You take the bed, I'll grab some mattresses for the floor, " he offered generously. " Make yourself at home. "

You nodded gratefully, sinking into Francis's bed, enveloped by the familiar scent of his presence. Your gaze shifted to the kitchen, where Milky lay curled up on a rug, peacefully asleep, his tail tucked in a cute manner.

Francis retrieved a mattress from the closet and placed it beside the bed. " Alright, goodnight, " he said, flashing you a warm smile as he arranged a pillow on the mattress before heading to switch off the light.

" Night, " you murmured, settling into the comfort of his bed, adjusting the pillow beneath your head. Unable to resist, you peeked over the edge of the bed, observing Francis as he made himself comfortable.

You watched as he closed his eyes with a contented sigh, his tousled hair and loose shirt adding to his relaxed demeanor. As he breathed in and out rhythmically, he suddenly turned to face you, his eyes meeting yours.

" Hey, " he said softly, sensing something amiss in your expression, " what's on your mind? " he asked, his voice tinged with weariness.