ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Enemies to lovers| DD osama

Arielle Everheart

Arielle Everheart

4/13/2024

8am - harlem, ny

The day had finally arrived - my brother was coming back home from college for a few days. As the Middle child in the family, I couldn't contain my excitement. The house had been too quiet without him, and I was eager to have my big brother back.

I woke up early that morning, eager to help my mom get everything ready for his arrival. We spent hours cleaning and preparing his room, making sure everything was just how he liked it. My mom kept reminding me to pack his favourite snacks and drinks for the car ride home from the airport.

As we loaded the car with his bags, I could hardly contain my excitement. "I can't believe he's finally coming home!" I exclaimed, bouncing on my toes.

My mom smiled, patting my head. "I know, sweetheart. It's been too long since we've had the whole family together."

We drove to the airport in silence the anticipation building with each passing mile. When we finally arrived, we parked the car and made our way inside. The airport was bustling with travelers, but I couldn't focus on anything but finding my brother.

Suddenly, I spotted him walking towards us, his familiar smile lighting up his face. I ran towards him, throwing my arms around him in a tight hug. "I missed you so much, Ezra!" I exclaimed, tears welling up in my eyes.

He laughed, ruffling my hair. "I missed you too, little sis. It's good to be home."

As we walked towards the car, my brother suddenly stopped in his tracks, a puzzled expression on his face. "Hey, where's my favourite snack pack?" he asked, looking around.

I quickly pulled out the bag from my backpack, handing it to him with a grin. "I didn't forget, big brother. I know you can't resist those cheesy puffs!"

He laughed, taking the bag from me. "You're the best, sis. Thanks for looking out for me."As we drove home, my brother regaled us with stories of his time at college. He talked about his classes, his friends, and all the crazy adventures he had experienced. I listened intently, hanging on to every word. I couldn't wait to catch up on all the gossip and news from his life.

When we reached our neighbourhood my brother suddenly fell silent, a serious expression on his face. "Hey, mom, can you drop me off at the Sugarhill Cafe? I need to meet up with a friend real quick," he said, his tone unreadable.

My mom glanced at him, concern flashing in her eyes. "Is everything okay, honey? You know you can tell us anything."

He smiled reassuringly, patting her hand. "I'm fine, mom. Just need to handle some business, that's all."

As we pulled up in front of the Sugarhill Cafe, my brother got out of the car, his demeanor completely changed. He straightened his back, his expression becoming stoic and serious. I watched in confusion as he walked towards a group of men standing in front of the cafe, their faces hardened and intimidating.

I rolled down the window slightly, trying to hear what they were saying. My brother was speaking in a language I didn't recognize, using slang and phrases I had never heard before. It was like he was a completely different person, someone I didn't know at all.

Suddenly, one of the men reached out and shook my brother's hand, a smile breaking out on his face. "Good to see you back, man. We missed you around here."

My brother nodded, his gaze hard and determined. "I'm back, and I'm ready to take care of business."

I sat in the car, my heart racing with fear and confusion. Who were these men? What kind of business was my brother involved in? I felt like I didn't know him at all, like he had been living a completely different life away from us.

As my brother got back in the car, he smiled at me, his eyes softening. "Sorry you had to see that, sis. Just some old friends catching up, that's all."

I nodded, trying to push away my unease. "It's okay, big brother. I'm just glad you're back home safe."

I sat in silence, lost in my thoughts, as the car pulled up in front of our house. My brother got out, grabbing his bags with a smile. "Thanks for the ride, mom. I'll see you guys inside."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the short chapters yall 😭