ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

Enemies To Lovers| DD osama

Arielle Everheart

Arielle Everheart

5/13/2024 

7am - Harlem, ny

It was a typical school morning as I got ready for school. I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring and groggily got out of bed. As I went through my morning routine, I couldn't help but feel a sense of dread wash over me. It wasn't because I hated school, but because I knew I would have to face my ex-boyfriend, Elijah, who had made my life a living hell.

I quickly got dressed and grabbed my backpack, making my way to the kitchen where my mom had breakfast waiting for me. As I ate, I tried to push thoughts of Elijah out of my mind and focus on the day ahead. I was determined to make it through without any drama. I suddenly saw message come up on my phone.

Power rangers 

Zendaya wannabe: riri and jazzy you coming to school?

yes i am ion know if jazzy is or not

Zendaya wannabe: kk ma

Twin 🖤: Since when did you start calling riri ma? 

fr, i'm not your girl, you said that i wasn't your type bffrr

Zendaya wannabe: mb...ma

Nigga, stop calling me that.

lil bro 🖤: Jazzy wyaa? 💞

Ma girl 💞:  oh, i'm nearly there x                                                                                                                                 lil bro 🖤 liked this message 36 seconds ago

I grabbed my backpack, said goodbye to Ezra and headed out the door confused on why dd kept calling me ma when clearly i'm not his girl. I got to school to meet up with Notti, DD, and DDot. We all had first period together, so we walked to class chatting and laughing as we made our way through the crowded halls.

But as we entered the classroom, I noticed that someone was missing. Jazzy was nowhere to be seen. I furrowed my brows in confusion, wondering where she could be. I scanned the room, but she was nowhere in sight.

"riri, wheres jazzy?" Notti asks, "ion know, but she has a different class than us" i reply as notti nodded his head.

As the bell rang, signaling the start of class, I took my seat next to DD, DDot and Notti. Just as the teacher began the lesson, I caught a glimpse of Jazzy in the hallway, walking hand in hand with my ex, Eijah. My heart sank as I watched them disappear into their own classroom next to ours.

"What the fuck" I say, "what?" Dd, notti and ddot say in sync.

"Jazzy and Elijah are walking together and Elijah as his arm around her" I respond as my eyes start to water, my fucking childhood best friend is hanging out with the guy who made my fucking life hell, she knows that he is a terrible terrible person and on top of that she dating my lil bro notti.

"Don't cry ma heart, fuck them Niggas" dd said as he puts his arm around me pulling my head onto his shoulder "word, Fuck them both" ddot adds

"I Don't even care bout them, i jus feel bad for you, notti, you guys have only started dating and shes letting another guy put his arm around her?" I say, " It's not like shes cheating on me, right?" Notti answers.

"your right" I say with a smile on my face.

Even though i said i didn't care, I couldn't focus on this whole lesson, my mind racing with questions and doubts. Why was Jazzy hanging out with Elijah? she knew how much he had hurt me in the past?

After what felt like an eternity, the bell finally rang for lunch. me and the crew walked out of class, my mind still reeling from the morning's events. Jazzy walked over, a big smile on her face as if nothing was wrong.

"whats up ma hearts!" she chirped, oblivious to the tension in the air.

I crossed my arms and stared her down, "So, care to explain why you were cozying up to Elijah this morning?" dd said standing infront of me. Well damn...

Jazzy's smile faltered, and she looked down at her feet, avoiding his gaze. "Oh, that? It's nothing, just a friendly gesture. We're not a thing or anything like that."

I scoffed, disbelief written all over my face. "Yeah, right. You expect me to believe that after everything he put me through? and plus your dating notti?"

Jazzy took a step back, her eyes wide with panic. "I swear, it's not what you think. He just asked for directions, that's all." 

I raised an eyebrow, unconvinced by her excuse. "Really? So why did I see his arm around you, then?"

"For real? what about me?" Notti said angrily.

At that moment, Elijah appeared from behind Jazzy, a smirk on his face. "What's all this, ladies? Having a little gossip session without me?"

"Who the fuck you calling ladies?" Ddot said."oh, my bad" Elijah answers.

I felt my blood boil at the sight of him, memories of his betrayal flooding back. I clenched my fists, trying to keep my composure. "Listen here, Elijah. Stay away from me and my friends. We want nothing to do with you."

Elijah laughed, an arrogant gleam in his eyes. "Aw, come on, babe. Can't we just bury the hatchet and move on? I'm a changed man, I promise."

"Shut the fuck up" dd said. "what you gon do bout it lil boy?" Elijah questions

"Nigga, ill shoot you in your fucking head, don't play with me" Dd replies as Elijah backs up with his hands up.

I shook my head,  "Just stay away from us, got it?" 

I look to my right to see notti and jazzy hugging it seems like they made up. 

"I'm so sorry Ari, I wont hang out with him ever again ok?" she said, "its ok, i love you" i reply as we hug it out.

after all she was my best friend and i knew i could trust her to not do anything stupid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------