ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

Enemies To Lovers| DD osama

David Reyes

David Reyes

5/17/2024

9pm - Harlem, ny

It had been two weeks since the situation with Riri's ex had gone down. Ddot, Notti, and I had all had agreed to convince her to come to the party tonight. We knew she needed a night out to take her mind off things, even if just for a little while.

"Come on, Riri, you can't stay in your room forever," Ddot said, leaning against the wall of Riri's bedroom. "You need to get out and have some fun."

Riri sighed, looking down at her hands. "I just don't feel like it, you know? I'm still trying to process everything that happened."

I walk over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "We get that, Riri. But sometimes, the best way to move on is to let loose and have a good time. You deserve to have some fun after everything you've been through."

Notti nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Riri, we're here for you. We'll have your back no matter what."

Riri looked up at us, a small smile playing on her lips. "Fine, I'll come to the party. But only because you guys are so damn persistent."

We all grinned, knowing we had finally convinced her. "That's what I'm talking about!" Ddot exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air. "It's gonna be lit tonight, mark my words."

As we got ready for the party, the mood in the room began to shift. The tension and heaviness that had been weighing us down started to lift, replaced by excitement and anticipation for the night ahead.

The four of us set off towards the party, walking through the dimly lit streets w. Riri linked arms with me, I would do anything to make sure she was safe.

The party was in full swing when we arrived, with loud music, flashing lights, and a sea of bodies grinding on the dance floor. We made our way through the crowd, greeting familiar faces and nodding at the ones who shot us dirty looks. We were used to the stares.

We found a corner to hang out in, drinks in hand as we watched the chaos unfold. Riri was in her element, laughing and dancing with reckless abandon, the way she lit up the room with her presence.

Notti nudged me, snapping me out of my trance. "You better make a move, bro," he said, his voice low and teasing.

I shook my head, feeling the familiar flush of embarrassment creep up my neck. "Nah, man. She's just a friend," I muttered, unable to meet his eyes.

Notti chuckled, clapping me on the back. "You two are meant for each other, just watch," he said, his tone knowing.

I bristled at his words but said nothing, turning my attention back to Riri. She was chatting with Ddot, her laughter ringing out above the music. I couldn't help but smile, feeling a warmth in my chest that I couldn't explain.

I go over to where Ddot and Riri are, Riri turned to me, a soft smile playing on her lips. "Thanks for convincing me to come out tonight" she said, her eyes shining.

I shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant. "Anytime, lil nigga. You know we've always got your back," I replied.

"Nigga i told you you to stop calling me that" She says.

"My bad" I reply.

"I'll be right back, i'm just gonna go to the bathroom" I say.

"okay ma heart" she states.

Arielle Everheart

5/17/2024

11pm- Harlem, ny

As I made my way through the crowded party, I could feel the bass thumping in my chest and the heat of bodies pressed against me. Notti and Ddot were by my side, laughing and chatting away as we navigated through the sea of people. But as I looked around, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

I excused myself to go to the bathroom but i actually wanted to find dd, he hasn't been back in a couple of hours. I made my way through the dimly lit hallway, I could hear whispers and giggles coming from one of the rooms. Curiosity got the best of me, and I peeked inside only to see dd making out with his ex, Crystal.

My heart sank as I watched them, my stomach churning with a mix of sadness and anger. How could he do this to me? I thought, there was something between us.  Without saying a word, I turned on my heel and ran out of the house as fast as I could.

Tears blurred my vision as I stumbled down the street, my mind racing with thoughts of what had just happened. I felt like a fool for not seeing the signs, for trusting Dd when he said he had moved on from Crystal. I felt a surge of frustration at myself for letting my guard down and getting hurt once again.

I finally reached my house, my chest heaving with exertion as I fumbled for my keys. I burst through the door, my eyes red and swollen from crying, and found my mom sitting in the living room, watching TV. 

"whats wrong baby?" she asks pulling me into a tight hug, sensing that something was wrong.

"oh, nothing mama" i say wiping my tears off my cheek.

"well, there is obviously something going on if your crying" she says in a soft tone.

"I'm okay! my eyes are just watering from the cold wind" i state.

"oh, ok." she replies.

As I make my way up i feel a buzzing sound from my phone, It was Notti ringing me.

"Where are you?, Ddot and I can't find you anywhere" He questions.

"oh" I stutter, " I had to go home my ma was wanting me to come home." 

"You could go told us," he said.

"Sorry," I reply.

"Its okay, ma heart" he says, "Love you."

"Bye, Love you" I respond, ending the call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------