𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

(Y/N) found that working within the castle was easier than she thought, realizing that the most difficult part of her day was cleaning the ballroom. Luckily, she was always easily able to adapt to whatever was thrown her way, including the work of an attendant to the Prince, albeit indirectly. Currently, she was out in the meadows walking a beautiful brown steed, the horse growing older in its years which made the stablemen believe easing her into the job would be the best decision.

She quite enjoyed the task.

The horse, who's name she found out was Legend, was the King's when he was young, traveling to many places and overcoming many challenges with his master. What's more, Legend even aided Adrian when he fought in the Gerrad war, becoming the very legend he was named after.

"How are you doing, Legend?" She questioned softly as she stroked his nose.

The animal merely nickered in response, continuing to munch on the grass be was finding particularly delectable at that point. (Y/N) waited for a few minutes more before pulling his reins to resume their walk, doing so until it was time to take him back to the stables. Afterwards, she helped with cleaning out each of the stalls, the job tiring to the point it made her arms feel like jello.

She was thankful when the day ended.

Eating dinner, cautiously bathing without anyone seeing her, she then slipped under the covers of her bed. Unwrapping her binding silently and slipping it under her pillow as she did last night, she then closed her eyes and promptly fell asleep. The next month continued without a hitch like that, (Y/N) making sure to stay silent and to stay invisible, knowing she would be better off if she did so.

But, that all changed the day she woke up on the morning of the first week of the second month.

"Mr. (M/N)(L/N)?" A voice spoke as soon as she walked out of her room quietly, (Y/N) turning to see that Basile was standing there, waiting for her.

"Yes, Mr. Oman?" She snapped to attention.

Her worries grew.

Why is he here?

Why ask for me specifically?

Did he... figure out my true gender?

"I've observed all new recruits for the past months now, and I am impressed with your service and loyalty," Basile started as he pushed up his wire-framed glasses, staring at her with those piercing light eyes of his. "Therefore, I need you to do a certain task for me—a task regarding Prince Adrian. Please, follow me."

Tentatively, she followed after Basile, her expression highlighted with suspicion.

The Prince, again... huh?