𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    "What the hell is this!?" Seraph yelled once the main course was served, slamming her palms against the table and standing up abruptly.

   "What's wrong, dear?" Delana questioned.

    "There's nuts in this!" She yelled, her porcelain complexion that she inherited from the queen flushing red with anger. "I'm allergic to nuts! Whoever had the audacity to serve such a thing come forward this instant!"

(Y/N)'s eyes widened.

It was her fault.

She had mixed up the plates.

With every bone in her body, she didn't want to step forward, but she knew she had to.

"Your Highness, this is entirely my fault," she spoke up as she stepped forward, even dropping to one knee to push forward a sincere image. "I give my humblest apologies for having offended you. As I am new, I have made the disastrous mistake of switching yours and the Prince's food. I humbly ask your forgiveness."

Seraph stared at her, blinking in surprise.

She then blushed scarlet.

To her, (Y/N) looked like an attractive young man who was kneeling before her, begging for forgiveness. Biting her lower lip, Seraph cleared her throat and looked away from (Y/N)'s figure, straightening out her gown and her expressions to maintain a cool head.

"You may rise," she sighed, placing the pads of her fingertips against her forehead.

    "Thank you, Your Highness," (Y/N) spoke.

    "You have earned my forgiveness after pleading so, but you still must be properly punished," Seraph continued as she approached (Y/N), grasping her chin before turning her face each way in a style like that of a purchasable product. "Your face is nice, so we should spare that, at least."

(Y/N)'s lips twitched.

    "Sister..." Adrian began, clasping Seraph's shoulder with a strained smile painting his lips. "What are you doing?"

    "What do you mean 'what am I doing?'" Seraph pouted, removing her hand from (Y/N)'s face and crossing her arms over her chest in an almost defiant manner. "This servant made a mistake, so it's only right that I give punishment. Isn't that what you've always told me to do, Brother?"

    "Hm..." Adrian hummed, his smile however tightening to an uncomfortable degree.

The two stared at each other in silence, the air seeming to crackle with tension that made (Y/N) standing in between them shift uncomfortably.

    "Adrian, Seraph, stop this nonsense," Kandef sighed as he stood up to approach them, his fingers stroking his beard that accentuated the frown on his lips. "Let us not argue over a mere servant's fate—especially during this hour we are allowed to spend together as a family. If anything, Oman should be able to handle this affair swiftly and justly, wouldn't you agree?"