𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

꧁꧂

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

꧁꧂

"How is His Majesty's condition?" (Y/N) asked after a moment of silence.

At her question, Adrian stood and beckoned her and everyone else farther into the room. There, Kandef lay on one of the cots under a white sheet, his breathing labored while a doctor in a white overcoat and suit stood over him, checking his pulse and vitals. The Queen and Princess stood next to him with worry creasing their brows.

It was obvious they were overcome with emotion for the man higher considered father and husband.

"His Majesty is stable, however the arrow that struck him was tipped with poison," the doctor affirmed as he took his spectacles off to wipe away whatever was coating the glass. "This type of poison is one that originated in the far southern kingdoms, specifically the Chalar Kingdom. While it's good that we've found the type, easily able to find the antidote, one of the key ingredients to make it is only confined to that country."

"Which means...?" Delana questioned whilst wringing her hands together.

   "Which means that they are attacking us, and that all hope of sending out an expedition to find the specified ingredient is lost," the doctor sighed, running his hand over his head.

"No," Adrian interrupted, slamming his hand down on one of the nearby tables, making everyone jump. "We're not giving up that fucking easily."

    "What is it that you are suggesting then?" His mother inquired.

    "This was a planned, coordinated attack on us since they thought that we were weak and could be wiped out," he continued, his eyes blazing with pure contempt for those that dared attack. "I'd say a little uninvited group crossing the border to find something would be nothing to them."

    "You... want to go to Chalar?" Seraph spoke in disbelief, her throat having gone dry.

    "Yes," he stated firmly, his eyes flickering over the small group. "I'll be taking the doctor here, along with a few knights and servants."

    "But... who will watch over His Majesty and take care of the kingdom if you are gone?" She pressed.

    "Doctor," he turned to the man, crossing his arms over his chest and pinning him down with his cold stare. "Are you the only one who knows what this ingredient is? What it looks like? Where it grows or is made in Chalar?"

    "Actually, no," he responded, straightening his coat before walking towards one of the closets and rapping quietly three times.

    A bout of silence answered him before the door gradually eased open, a young girl of about seventeen or eighteen stepping out. Her frizzy black hair mirrored her heart shaped face, the dark skin smooth and flawless. Her large blue eyes, almost doe-like as she stared up at them, had an air of innocence to them, along with how beautiful and crystalline they looked.

    "This is Sofi Broin, my daughter," the man introduced whilst setting a firm hand on her shoulder. "She is also my assistant. The only reason you're meeting her now is because I have taken precautions to protect her. But, she also knows everything that I know. Take her with you in my stead, as she specializes more with herbs and how to prepare them more than treating patients."

"Father's issue is now resolved, and Mother, you can run this kingdom perfectly well on your own," Adrian elaborated. "Well, you aren't alone. You'll have Father's advisors and Seraph, who has also been learning the affairs of the kingdom."

"But—" Delana was cut off by him raising a hand, silencing her once again.

"There's no changing my mind on this. You," he then pointed at (Y/N), Aadon, Claude, Zaahir, and Dañero. "I want you to gather as many enemies as you can and throw them in the dungeon for interrogation. Find more servants to fetch water and quell the fire. We need to expel this obvious declaration of war before we begin our journey."

"And... if our enemies don't come willingly?" Claude asked, his answer obvious as the Prince glowered at the door.

"Kill them."

"...Yes, my liege," Aadon bowed, ushering the small group out of the room, their weapons in hand whilst their expression hardened into cool masks, only speaking once they were a bit of ways away from the room. "Okay everyone, we'll be more efficient if we split up. I'll go with (M/N), and Claude, Zaahir, and Da—"

"No," Zaahir cut him off.

"What?" He faced the younger man with clear exasperation. "Look, Zaahir, this isn't the time to argue. The Prince gave us a job, and I'm suggesting a way to fulfill it quickly and efficiently."

"Yeah, Zaahir," Claude chimed in, tilting his head in confusion. "What's the hold up? If you haven't noticed, these Chalar bastards have killed a lot of my friends today. I'm not waiting any damn longer to return the favor."

    "I'm not arguing," he stated, pacing over to (Y/N) before clapping a hand on her shoulder. "I need to talk to (M/N). I'm going with him."

    Though Aadon looked as if he wanted to negate Zaahir's wishes, he stopped himself before he said anything, running the bridge of his nose in disbelief before finally assenting. Reminding Zaahir of the stakes, looking at him pointedly in the eye, he then walked off with Claude and Dañero in the opposite direction, soon enough their forms fading from view as they disappeared around a corner.

    (Y/N) then faced Zaahir.

    She knew he would ask about Seraph, but that didn't mean she was looking forward to it.

    "Well?" Zaahir motioned for her to continue on. "Let's get going. You heard Aadon."

    "Right..." she trailed off.

    Apprehensive of the look on Zaahir's face, she walked forward only a few paces before settling into pace by his side, wanting him to stay in her views if he tried anything. She didn't think he was the type to do anything out of spite or jealousy, but how could she say for sure? She only knew him for a few weeks, meaning she didn't know everything about his character.

    She had to be careful.

    If she wished to live, she had to be.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

꧁꧂